I must be an angry white man

GY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That "Angry White Man" in the OP sounds like he hasn't ever had an idea in his head that someone on a talk radio station didn't carefully put in it.

Right out of the old cookie cutter. And the guy probably thinks he's a free thinker.

Geez.

I suspect Magpel's right.

But I won't be following this thread over there when it moves. :D

• Members

That "Angry White Man" in the OP sounds like he hasn't ever had an idea in his head that someone on a talk radio station didn't carefully put in it.

Right out of the old cookie cutter. And the guy probably thinks he's a free thinker.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, I'd say you nailed it.

• Members

I didn't mean that folks don't have some legit reasons to be mad -- but it looked like that guy in the linked article was pretty much just talkin' the talk radio Angy White Guy party line.

I have as little use for that as I have for the Air America party line at the other end of the predigested, preformed outrage industry's bogus, two dimensional continuum.

• Members

I'd hate to think these guys are so stupid that they still don't see the connection between the billions spent on the war and the economic situation. Or that they don't realize that torture, eavesdropping, and indefinite imprisonment without trial are contrary to American values and make the USA seem like world class hypocrites.

I'm just sayin'.....

This is why i'm sure hoping that Obama gets the nomination since apparently they could never bring themselves to vote for a woman.

• Members

No the ones described on that list aren't angry white men.. Just men.

Officially you're an "angry" white man if you listen to Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity and actually believe the crap that comes out of there mouths.

• Members

A smart woman? An opinionated woman? A politically savvy woman?

A liberal woman. A feminist.

If she did win the nomination she would probably lose the election in my opinion. She has become far too hated. Of course it probably won't be much different for Obama. He's already been painted as an anti-american muslim. Now that Rev Wright has spoken, he's now an anti-american christian.

Either way, it will never be about the issues, but rather whether he's for us or against us. At least that's how I'd expect the Bush camp to spin it. McCain has a lot more integrity than the Bush camp ever had.

• Members

I certainly know a lot of guys who would check the "me too" box on about 80% of the items listed. I hear a good selection of these views coming from certain predictable extended family members every holiday get-together.

So I hold my tongue most of the time in the interests of family peace, but I let my kids know back at home that my wife and I don't agree with everything Uncles Moe Larry and Curly Joe think.

What I react to the most is not really the opinions so much (however much I might disagree) but it's the "ANGER" that gets me, 'cause most of these guys are in the top 20%-30% income bracket and generally blessed and they still just want to bitch all the time about petty crap like having to look at Spanish labels on their **king cans of refried beans. Or "suffering" through a technical support call with someone with a heavy Asain accent.

O pain, O misery, O I expire.

There are real issues in all this, but it's hard to get behind issues fronted by spoiled "angry" boymen. Unfortunately the stereotype is true enough of the time to resonate.

nat whilk ii

Archived