I bought an acoustic! Me? Yes, yes I did!!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all,

As most of you know in the electric forum, I normally don't pay attention to acoustic guitars. I could walk thru a room of pre-war Martins just to get to the electric case in the corner. That changed the other day for me.

My friend came over with a guitar and case, and wanted me to set it up. Ok, not an issue. I opened the case and felt this strange stirring in my loins. I strummed it, and even out of tune, needing a neck adjustment, and new strings, I felt the tone resonate thru me. Oh damn, I was in love, and with an ACOUSTIC! What would my Paul's say? Oh the shame.....

She's a 1978 Alvarez Yairi FY-40. Had a case lid fall on her once or twice, has new ebony bridge pins, and old strings on her, that I haven't changed yet. FANTASTIC action!!! A tone that is both warm and soulful, and can go from a whisper with fingers, to outright loud and boisterous with a pick! Please don't mind the dust and finger marks, it's been sitting a while.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31945430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31945431[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31945432[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31945433[/ATTACH]

• Members

Happy New Guitar Day. Congratulations on finally buying a real guitar. ;) Seriously, she's a beauty and I'm glad you like her. Acoustics that old (close to 40 years) tend to have issues and I'm glad yours apparently doesn't.

Archived