No announcement yet.

Peavey killed their usa line

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey killed their usa line

Went to order an hp special ct today, was told by 3 dealers and peavey that they dont make them anymore.

I asked what they were going to do instead and I was told "we have no announcement at this time"

I wonder if Peavey is in trouble.....
    Killer HC Search

I hear Gibson is buying them as a lesser brand to epiphone

Comment

just the guitar line or the whole company?

i cant imagine theyre in trouble as a whole, i mean theyre carried by everyone as stocked products including best buy. i was playing a 6505 combo today at best buy as a matter of fact.

thats just crazy
      Killer HC Search

Comment

It's a joke, a while back people were spreading a rumor that peavey was buying out Gibson.

Comment

ahh ok yeah i havent hung out here in forever so im kind of out of the loop.

still i wonder whats going on over there. those usa's were pretty amazing for the street price you (now) used to be able to get them at.
          Killer HC Search

Comment

looks like their custom shop app thingy on the web is offline now too.

www.peaveycustomshop.com

goes to just amps. i wonder if theyre getting out of the guitar business and just making amps.
            Killer HC Search

Comment

Peavey has the market cornered on ugly.

Comment

Peavey has the market cornered on ugly.

really?

i think this is a (was.... sigh... ) a fantastic looking, playing and sounding guitar.. i dont see eye to eye with you on that at all man. these things were really stunning instruments imo.

Killer HC Search

Comment

So where does that leave their Jerry Donahue sig Tele-alike?

Hope JD scored himself a bunch of 'em before the plug got pulled.
                  http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

Comment

really?

i think this is a (was.... sigh... ) a fantastic looking, playing and sounding guitar.. i dont see eye to eye with you on that at all man. these things were really stunning instruments imo.

The new EVH Japanese edition looks nice, but not as nice as that Peavey.

Still, for $1300...

Comment

Might be cause of the bad economy.

Comment

sometimes these things happen.
                        Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                        Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

The new EVH Japanese edition looks nice, but not as nice as that Peavey.

Still, for $1300...

This gets my vote for ugliest headstock in history, or at least this month..
                          Signature...

Comment

Peavey is a strange enigma.

Most of their products are very well made and work well. I remember their magazine (Monitor) where people would write in and tell stories about houses burning down and amps still working.

They have made some nice guitars - The Fred Newall models, the Vandenberg, etc... and some nice amps - the Classic (which was like a Super Reverb), - and some nice basses and even some cool synths (the DP3, etc...) but for some reason I always think of it as good stuff that I would never buy.

Aside from PA equipment I have never owned much of their stuff. I do have a few of the Valverbs and they're great but it's a PITA to hook up one rack unit.

A lot of the stuff they have come out with is even ahead of its time - the StudioMix and they made a programable pedal switcher in the 1980s which people now buy, etc...

Comment

Peavey is a strange enigma.

Most of their products are very well made and work well. I remember their magazine (Monitor) where people would write in and tell stories about houses burning down and amps still working.

They have made some nice guitars - The Fred Newall models, the Vandenberg, etc... and some nice amps - the Classic (which was like a Super Reverb), - and some nice basses and even some cool synths (the DP3, etc...) but for some reason I always think of it as good stuff that I would never buy.

Aside from PA equipment I have never owned much of their stuff. I do have a few of the Valverbs and they're great but it's a PITA to hook up one rack unit.

A lot of the stuff they have come out with is even ahead of its time - the StudioMix and they made a programable pedal switcher in the 1980s which people now buy, etc...

They also pioneered the use of CNC for building guitar bodies and necks.
                              Some original songs...

And some cover tunes...

Comment

Working...
                              X