Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these finishes do you prefer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the Ruby to the natural or the pictured burst.

In all honesty, when I think of a big jazz box, I think of a natural colored guitar. I played a natural finished Gibson when I was in jazz band so maybe that's just always stuck.

I also like the wines and dark reds and black. Not a fan of cherry bursts or tobacco bursts in general.
    Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

I went natural but it's likely because I already own a burst so the next one will be something different.
      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

I likes em bofe

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
        Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Burst............

i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

It's a tough call I like both.
            That Ruby is pretty hot too.
            There's nothing to see here.Move along.

Comment

Out of the two you posted I like the natural better. The burst on that one isn't done very nicely in my opinion. Not enough fade on the black. The transition between the colors is too sharp. I guess some people like that style but I prefer the colors to blend better.

Comment

Thanks folks! I am still OCDing(sic) a bit, but am almost certain it is going to be the natural.

Xstonr, that harm is purty.
                Favorite Pup Builders: www.harmonicdesign.net, www.voodoopickups.com, www.lacemusic.com, www.tvjones.com, www.lollarguitars.com
                Favorite Parts Suppliers: www.mojotone.com, www.allparts.com
                Favorite Care Product: www.guitarscratchremover.com

Comment

BUUUUUUURRRRRSSSSTTTTTT
                  "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever." – David St. Hubbins

Comment

Ruby, so much better than the other two.
                    One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X