X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously guys? Is this it?

Are they blind or just stupid ?!?

I lived through HC2.0 but I'm seriously losing patience now.

Worst. Relaunch. Ever.

I take it you'll be going away, then?

Comment

• Strung_Out
      Strung_Out commented
      Editing a comment

To their defense, I'm pretty sure it's an improvement over HC 2.0... just not much of one.

• bluesnapper
      bluesnapper commented
      Editing a comment
      Many of the best contributors left after HC2.0. If even more leave this time then there won't be much left worth sticking around for. I'd like to keep the HCEG group alive if possible, but I'm not hoping for much.

This is not good.

Sorry, but wow. Not good.
    --
    Wagdog
    Check out Lunar Commander on:
    iTunes App Store
    Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
    iTunes App Store
    Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
    - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Other than being a bit difficult to read (font small on post content, headings overwhelmingly big), it works, which is something.

Yeah, not really lovin it.

•Member of The ƒender Japan Club•Gibson Explorer Pro
    B.C. Rich Zoltan Bathory Assasin
    Washburn ET
    Fender Strat (MIJ)
    Ibanez Blazer
    Ibanez AEL45SE-LG
    Genz Benz El Diablo 60

Comment

I'll give it some time before I slag it.   It's loading and replying to this thread well enough.

Right now different means uncomfortable...but that doesn't mean this way isn't good. 

I'll get used to it and then decide if it's not as good as the old one (when it worked properly.

Comment

• ElectricEye
        ElectricEye commented
        Editing a comment
        Unreal. Absolutely UNREAL. Did they not learn ANYTHING from 2.0???? This is just a bastardized version!!! It's literally painful to read the pages. Guys, WTF? Why don't you just make all the columns 3 inches and make it more difficult and hard on the eyes?

• peskypesky
        peskypesky commented
        Editing a comment
        If you zoom in, its MUCH better.

• sk8centilli
        sk8centilli commented
        Editing a comment

I like it.

Oh Dear.

Anybody worked out how to quote yet?

Or tried it on a 'phone?

Not sure I can be bothered. Miss the old gang though.

I really miss not knowing who is veiwing, have done since it disappreared. 

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
      If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

• McHale
        McHale commented
        Editing a comment

knotty wrote:

Oh Dear.

Anybody worked out how to quote yet?

Or tried it on a 'phone?

Not sure I can be bothered. Miss the old gang though.

I really miss not knowing who is veiwing, have done since it disappreared. 

yep.  quoting is easy enough.  I have also tried it on a phone - jury is still out on that one. Other things aren't the most obvious and I still haven't figured a couple "used to be obvious" things out yet.

Bye HC. It's been realz.

- Some Guy Who used to have a different handle

Comment

• Omni'sMom
        Omni'sMom commented
        Editing a comment
        Rich Media Content = banner ads.

lulz

Can you quote from a phone?
      But you couldn't last a lifetime.

Comment

• DrPopper
        DrPopper commented
        Editing a comment
        You cannot quote from a phone using iOS such as a iPhone and it doesn't work on a iPad either which is just a total cluster **bleep** ! I'm not sure about android devices

So, if we type **bleep**, we get censored?
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

That's **bleep** stupid.
        What are we, eight years old?
        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• cbh5150
          cbh5150 commented
          Editing a comment

Just like 2.0, it's all in the GUI...and this one is almost as bad.

See somey'all at Wein's...

• Frets99
          Frets99 commented
          Editing a comment

Elias Graves wrote:
          That's **bleep** stupid.
          What are we, eight years old?

**bleep** eight years old!!

• benricci
          benricci commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, OK - here was my problem (seems others are experiencing this as well).

For some reason, even though I'm on a desktop machine, the forum defaulted to "mobile view," which is why it looked completely ridiculous on my iMac.

When I scrolled to the bottom of the main page, I noticed the option for "full version," and viola!

Seems dumb that it auto-defaults to mobile mode, though...

There has to be a way to make the topic title column much wider, right?   The Replies, Views, & Kudos columns are like 4 times too wide, and the most important bit (the title) is about 3 times too narrow.

Also I just noticed this: the Rich Text message editor doesn't auto-wrap when it gets to the right edge of the screen.  It just continues on and on the same line with a scrollbar at the bottom until it reaches some much too large predefined width.

Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

• fuzztone
          fuzztone commented
          Editing a comment

How do you post pictures in this thing? Nevermind. I figured it out. Kind of a pain.

What is with all the wasted space on the sides?

So where does one go to see a list of all of their subscribed threads on a single page, sorted by the newest posts?  This was always where I headed as soon as I logged in - so I could see everything I'd been following and then I'd strat drilling down into individuals threads.  I can't see to find that under the new user interface.  I do see a list of all MY posts but that isn't what I need (I already know what I said - LOL).

And why, after I post something does it take me back to the beginning of the thread?  It should take me to the newest post (i.e., the one I just posted) and NOT the oldest (first) post... that is worthless.

I don't understand why they would make such changes when all the other major forums tend to follow the same old, tried and true type user interface (e.g., Gear Page, LPF, MLP, TFF, etc.)... if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Why did they have to start monkeying with things (HC 2) and BREAK things.  The old Harmony-Central forums worked great, were easy to navigate, etc.

.MMCQUAIN * Rock, Blues, Christian player * mmcquain@mcquain.comGibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, Breedlove Acoustic/ElectricEgnater, Dean Markley, D'Addario, various effect pedalshttp://www.youtube.com/mmcquain * http://www.facebook.com/mmcquain

Comment

• gardo
          gardo commented
          Editing a comment

I come here to relax and talk guitars but now the relaxing is gone.

This has turned into one more pain in the neck to deal with.

I don't do well with change. 

I'm not bailing but if things don't improve it may take a while to get used to it. 

I was searching for some info on some new pickups and came across some threads on the FDP.  Today I realized that forum is actually more user-friendly than HC is now. That's pretty bad. I see more and more familiar faces over at TGP and I only see a handful of folks here trying to keep things moving. It's just a shadow of what it once was. Oh welll, everything changes.

Good trades with: d_dave_c

Comment

• bluesnapper
          bluesnapper commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm over at Mark Wein's forum now. I've been checking back here to see what's going on but I think I'll vote with my feet and stay away. Even if people are only coming here to complain, they're still looking at the banner ads and making GC/MF/whoever more money.

Working...
      X