oh my god. les paul in the pond.

rchip

• Members

I just came back from work, to find my family where around visting for christmas. I sit down and I'm watching the TV and I see my Les Paul on the grass outside. I think i'm seeing a reflection and it's in the living room or something, i was confused, but no, it was laying on the grass. I go outside and it's stone cold, freezing and damp, i tip it up and there's water dripping it out the pickup cavities and the back cavities. I found out my bastard little cousins put in the pond in the day and just left it on the grass :mad:

i am currently going insane. it's a 2004 gibson les paul standard.

EDIT - they just said to my dad they thought it was a fishing rod and they where only messing around. WTF.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw man,,,,that is really crappy! And its family too..so its really hard to actually hit anyone and not feel bad.

I feel for you. I think a very firm and educational (as to the value of said instrument) discussion is in order with the parents of the offending rugrats.

• Members

Originally posted by studdhuss

What the heck was it doing in plain view anyway?

If it wasn't in the case in the closet (I'm the stowaway kind)then where exactly did you have it?

Did they enter your room and get it out?

I understand what youre saying, but that shouldnt matter. Children should be taught to respect other peoples property, regardless of what it is. If they are big enough to drag a 9lb les paul outside and throw it in a pond, they are big enough to learn simple manners.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

I understand what youre saying, but that shouldnt matter. Children should be taught to respect other peoples property, regardless of what it is. If they are big enough to drag a 9lb les paul outside and throw it in a pond, they are big enough to learn simple manners.

Word.

• Members

I'm not usually a violent person...

But those kids would've been beaten senseless...no matter who their parents are...

Then I'd tell the parents to pay more attention to the {censored} their kids are doing...

Make them pay for the guitar...

And then not give the kids or their parents anything for Christmas

My mom did child care for a living while I was living at home and going through the motions of growing up...

As time has passed...the kids are more and more disrespectful and angry...the parents think they can reason with their kids...but they need to face the fact that some kids just need a solid smack...especially with some of the back talking I hear...too much of this hippie dippie parenting {censored}...its okay to hit your kids...you don't have to beat the {censored} out of them for it to be effective...

I constantly hear these parents kneeling down and trying to explain to their kids that he/she needs to do this/that...the kid refuses numerous times...throws a tantrum...yells at the parent...and nothing happens...give me a break...

You also see this {censored} in stores all the time...kids climbing all over other customers...knocking {censored} off shelves on purpose...what the {censored}...if you can't pay attention to your kids and discipline them...don't have any...

I'm starting to think a lot of people are having kids now almost b/c its just what's expected...or its the thing to do when you're an adult and have settled down...they have seemingly no interest in actualy raising them...

I fear for the future...

Good luck with everything...let us know how it turns out

• Members

You should have gotten an Edwards. The tasty poly finish would have protected the wood from the now potential warping. Sigh... Gibson ain't what they used to be.

:p

Really sorry, dood. Make sure you get whatever money that was supposed to go towards their Christmas presents this year (and next year...the year after....and...etc..).

• Members

As much as he might like to beat somebody, it is not going to get his guitar back...in fact it might have the opposite effect.

However, the lack of response from the OP has me thinking of drawing out my "I Call BS" card. The story does seem pretty damn implausable. But whetever. If it happened I do sympathize.

• Members

Originally posted by GreatDane

i think this requires a moment of silence... and a couple of dead children.

I wouldn't personally say "dead',but they wouldn't touch ANYTHING for a while,I'd say.

Oh,yeah,& a New LP.

If the restoration's do-able,I'd do it out of pocket,up to a point.

Just tell them you threw it away...

Archived