oh my god. les paul in the pond.

rchip

• Members

Originally posted by garagebandking9

:rolleyes:

I have a degree in developmental psych...

the best way to discipline a kid is to hit them with a LP upside the head...they'll never misbehave again...duh

At the age of 5 it becomes appropriate to drop a marshall cabinet from a height of 3 feet onto their heads as a means of proper punishment...

It all comes down to the fact the kids are old enough to not just grab {censored} around the house and drag it outside let alone throw it in a lake...especially when its a "foreign" house...

Blame can't be placed solely on the kids simply b/c its the parents that are isntructing and supervising them...

Did you get your degree from a community college? A community college in the backwoods of Alabama. Based on your comments, you clearly know nothing about children, and even less about appropriate discipline.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

All I have to say is that I really, REALLY hope that most of the people in this thread NEVER have children. Most of you not only have no clue about what is developmentally appropriate for children, but you also have no clue as to what constitutes appropriate and effective discipline.

You guys do realize that the children were...what'd he say...5?

I have 2 boys. I'd say that by the age of about 3, they both knew enough about right from wrong not to attempt something like this. And by 3 they sure as heck knew the difference between a fishing rod and a guitar.

I still stand by my theory that this is a hoax. A Les Paul is, what...11 pounds? That's a lot of weight for a 5 year old to pick up and carry outside, toss in a pond, then pull out soaking wet. I still smell BS. Where are the pics?

~Blackbelt

• Members

Sorry to hear your paul went surfing. But is your family blind? You'd think they'd notice some kids running out of the house with a guitar in hand.

Anyways, it'll probably be okay after drying out. Although it will oxidize on some of the electrical metal parts. Who knows, it might give your axe some extra character.

• Members

Assuming this is real... Here's the deal.

No-one outside of the guitar-playing community is going to understand why in the {censored} you payed $2000 for an electric guitar when you could get one for $200. They are NOT going to replace it. VERY few people could afford to, even if they understood.

It's like my wife's friend... She has a $1500 digital camera. $1500, what the {censored}? I can get one for $180 that takes perfectly fine pictures. See, I'M not a camera buff, so I don't understand.

This will be your biggest obstacle.

• Members

Did you get your degree from a community college? A community college in the backwoods of Alabama. Based on your comments, you clearly know nothing about children, and even less about appropriate discipline.

Well, that's pretty much the acme of elitist BS I've read on this board so far...and that's saying a lot.

• Members

Originally posted by HRM

No-one outside of the guitar-playing community is going to understand why in the {censored} you payed $2000 for an electric guitar when you could get one for $200. They are NOT going to replace it. VERY few people could afford to, even if they understood.

It's like my wife's friend... She has a $1500 digital camera. $1500, what the {censored}? I can get one for $180 that takes perfectly fine pictures. See, I'M not a camera buff, so I don't understand.

+1

• Members

Originally posted by HRM

If your kid smashed the $1500 camera, you would pay. Or you would go to court, then hire a lawyer, then pay.

• Members

i have thought about this once. i have two neices that like to check out uncles guitars when they come over.

thats no problem, they dont do much more than run their fingers gently arcross the strings, maybe mess with the tuning pegs, volume pots.

but if they did do anything more, i know my sis wouldnt hessitate replaceing any of them. she does make a good liveing herself.

but if i were in your shoes, i would subtly establish to those two kids that what they did was less than pleasent, then make sure the kids dont have a way to get into your stuff again. they arent your kids, so dare not lay a hand on them. focus your energy to the parents.

good luck, they sound like a pair of deadbeats. mebbe at the very least, you could steal a nice piece of jewlery of theirs, hock it, voila! les paul custom is replaced :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by murdock

STEAL MONEY OR SOMETHING VALUABLE FROM YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE BEFORE THEY LEAVE
:thu:

Just take their car keys and throw them in the lake. Or, if you want semi reversible damage, pull all the distributor wires. Hold their car hostage until they agree to pay for your guitar. Just because it's not an "imperative" possession doesn't mean it didn't cost you a {censored}load of cash. They shouldn't get off the hook just because it was a guitar. If the kids put your car in neutral & pushed it into the lake, you know they probably would feel a little bit sorry about that one.

:rolleyes:

Dumbasses.

• Members

No, I actually received my degree from one of those TV commercial schools you see during Maury...

It has my name on it and everything...

Seriously...how the {censored} did you survive on this forum for 3 years without a sense of humor?

Granted...maybe some of the amp forum diehards might actually be METAL enough to crack a kid in the head with a LP...I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of the people posting over here in this thread wouldn't really beat the {censored} out of a kid...maybe a good ass smack...

Give me a {censored}ing break...

• Members

All my neices and nephews were told from a very early age not to touch Uncle Tezmonds guitars unless I was there with them...they only needed to be told once, and now, some of them are adults, they still wouldnt dream of it. Its called respect for other peoples property, something that appears to be an old fashioned idea.

Its my experience that kids today know that they can do whatever they want and not have to take responsability for their actions, its the way of the world now, where you can eat McDonalds 3 times a day, get fat and then sue them for making you fat.......the world is rooted ....I blaim bleeding hearts and lawers.

• Members

Originally posted by garagebandking9

No, I actually received my degree from one of those TV commercial schools you see during Maury...

It has my name on it and everything...

Seriously...how the {censored} did you survive on this forum for 3 years without a sense of humor?

Granted...maybe some of the amp forum diehards might actually be METAL enough to crack a kid in the head with a LP...I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of the people posting over here in this thread wouldn't really beat the {censored} out of a kid...maybe a good ass smack...

Give me a {censored}ing break...

Sometimes you have to be careful with your humor, especially when it involves child abuse as many people (including yourself, extensively) have been suggesting. Sometimes people aren't in on the joke and take it seriously, which only reinforces their beliefs. As a person who supposedly has a degree in developmental psychology, I'd hope that you'd have an understanding of this. Yes, professional and personal ethics do extend to the internet.

Archived