oh my god. les paul in the pond.

rchip

• Members
Originally posted by warriorpoet

No, the parents would be the defendants. Minors' actions are chargable to the parents under US civil law. I'm not sure, but suspect the same may be true in the UK.

No I am assuming the OP is a minor. Would HE be able to file suit? One of the defendants are presumably a sibling of one of the OP's parents. Does this make sense?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by warriorpoet

No, the parents would be the defendants. Minors' actions are chargable to the parents under US civil law. I'm not sure, but suspect the same may be true in the UK.

Yes but can the plaintiff be the minor?

Idoubtit would go that far, if you seriously plan to take them to court I'm sure they wouldjust rather settle and by you a new one.

Do they have daytime court tv shows in the UK? If so, call up one, I'd bet they would take your case and put it on TV!

• Members
Originally posted by Devinstation

Yes but can the plaintiff be the minor?

Idoubtit would go that far, if you seriously plan to take them to court I'm sure they wouldjust rather settle and by you a new one.

Do they have daytime court tv shows in the UK? If so, call up one, I'd bet they would take your case and put it on TV!

Why would the kids charge their parents?

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

No I am assuming the OP is a minor. Would HE be able to file suit? One of the defendants are presumably a sibling of one of the OP's parents. Does this make sense?

Ah, missed this one.

I'm not sure how this works in the UK, but it's possible in the US. Complicated, but possible.

• Members

Theyre seriously Not going to pay? {censored} that.

Beat the {censored} out of those kids. Seriously. Anyone that stupid shouldnt be allowed to breed. I mean, even if it was a fishing rod, why the {censored} did they throw it in a pond? Come on. Has anyone taught these kids how to fish?

In all seriousness, take them to small claims court (or whatever the equivalent is in the UK.). Your other option of course is to drive the parents' 1100 dollar car into the pond and see how they like it. Or take out the kids' new PS3 or what have you. (Although i suppose if they had a PS3 they wouldnt be trying to fish with a Les Paul. )

Good luck dude, this is some seriously {censored}ed up {censored} to happen, especially by your family on christmas. I feel like flying to the UK to take care of those kids myself. :mad:

• Members

IF YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO SPEND THAT MUCH ON A NEW GUITAR FOR YOU THEN YOU SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING IN FRONT OF THEM:

YANK THE KIDS BY THERE ARMS AND THEY SHOULD START SCREAMING, AND THEN DRAG THEM BY THERE ARM UP TO YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE AND BEAT THE {censored} OUT OF THEM WITH YOUR FIST, NO BELT BUT YOUR FIST :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

At christmas time break 1100 worth of their toys, if they don't get that much this year, pay off the difference every gift-giving holiday 'til things are even.

There you go ... hit them where it really hurts, in the toy box!

• Members

I would take it to a respected repair tech and get a quote for
cost of repairing/replacing of the damages.

Then make a copy of that quote and submit it to your Aunt and Uncle.
Be firm and tell this is the cost they "will" pay to have the guitar restored.
Let them and your parents know your not fooling around.
And this situation is not being taken lightly.

• Members
Originally posted by ermghoti II

Giving these cretins the benefit of the doubt, it is possible they don't understand what soaking aguitar does. Most of the posters in this thread don't, so that's a fair bet.

A local music store burned to the ground, it developed slowly enough that the owner managed to take a few pieces out, including, by coincidence a Les Paul Custom. However, the sprinkler system had already been activated, and everything got quite wet. The guitar delaminated, and split along each screw hole. Every piece of wood on it was individually destroyed. Forget about "leave it to dry," it is dead.

State explicitly that you had an 1100 GBP instument, that is now, optomistically, 70-100 GBP in damaged parts. Don't wait for them to offer to replace it, tell them it is to be replaced.

amen

Archived