Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smiths to do a Reunion Tour!?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's the point of having a cool signature jag if he's just a bedroom warrior now?

Because he's still Johnny ****************ing Marr.
    (and, it's what a Jag always should have been.)
    Originally Posted by GarysBlues

Fact is he passed away many years ago.
    But he's a Living Legend for sure.

Originally Posted by Stubacca

This kid is seriously and idiot!

Comment

phil could you change the title of the thread to match the reports please.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

So what's the point of having a cool signature jag if he's just a bedroom warrior now?

He's hardly a bedroom warrior. He's played in quite a few bands since The Smiths.
        Guitars:Fender Jaguar HH, Fender MIJ Jazzmaster, Gibson Les Paul StudioAmps:2 Silverface 1970s Fender Pro Reverbs, Fender Blues Deluxe, Ampeg V4, 80s Roland JC-120Current Main RigFulltone Fulldrive II--> Keeley modded Rat--> Line 6 FM4--> EHX Deluxe Memory Man--> Line 6 Verbzilla--> Roland JC-120Other StuffKorg Electribe, iPad2 (Beatmaker 2, iSequence, Animoog)

Comment

List of bands he's been in since The Smiths

The Pretenders
          The The
          Electronic
          Johnny Marr and the Healers
          Modest Mouse
          The Cribs

Yep, he's a bedroom warrior all right.
          Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

I was being sarcastic...jeepers
            Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

I'd definitely love to see one happen, but I don't think Johnny has any desire to have to deal with Morrissey's whining anymore.

Why would you want to see it? Morrissey's lost so much of the voice he had with the Smiths. The covers he's done with his band over the last few years have routinely awful. Undoubtedly a lot of the romance behind the Smiths is because they released so much in such a short space of time. Reforming would be ****************ting all over that legacy and I'd hope that both Morrissey and Marr will never do that.
              Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

Why would you want to see it? Morrissey's lost so much of the voice he had with the Smiths. The covers he's done with his band over the last few years have routinely awful. Undoubtedly a lot of the romance behind the Smiths is because they released so much in such a short space of time. Reforming would be ****************ting all over that legacy and I'd hope that both Morrissey and Marr will never do that.

Wow. I see it about 180 off from you! I love the Smiths but Morrissey's solo stuff has been mostly great ever since (yeah, a few bum albums in there, but also some truly great ones.) I think he's singing better now than when they started - fuller, less affected than the early stuff. I've seen him live a few times over the last 20 (gasp!) years, and he seems to be aging very gracefully. Not many rock vocalists can claim the same - seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

Comment

I don't think a reunion will ever happen. There was an opportunity for one at Coachella a few years back when Modest Mouse and Moz both perfrormed on the same day - it didn't happen then, and probably won't at any other point in time. I for one am just stoked Moz has been playing Smiths tunes again. Saw him in November when they opened with I Want the One I can't Have, and also busted out Still Ill & Meat is Murder. I'll admit his voice has changed, but yours will too after 30 years! The most remarkable thing about the Smiths (imho) is that they released all that great material in such a short amount of time, when they were pretty much teenagers.
                  www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                  www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

List of bands he's been in since The Smiths

The Pretenders
                    The The
                    Electronic
                    Johnny Marr and the Healers
                    Modest Mouse
                    The Cribs

Yep, he's a bedroom warrior all right.

Plus he did some great work with the Talking Heads and Niel Finn.

Seeing a Smiths reunion concert would be like seeing the Beatles. To me.

Comment

seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

Why would any sane person willingly subject themselves to such horror?
                      Good Deals

rileykill, ampman1989, locohead, Kid A, neon soul, Loobs, Jakkeh, neoflox, Matts Tone, miffa 55, NITEFLY182 ,theboywho, vicenzajay , tremulant ,Hides-His-Eyes, ChuckNorris1982,Ben Glass, Markymarc1979, Cardinal of Crunk, jacobhf, 21rush12, thecardiackid, robopimp,Radiosilence,digital

Comment

I'd definitely love to see one happen, but I don't think Johnny has any desire to have to deal with Morrissey's whining anymore.

Its interesting, besides Boz Boorer, Morrissey usually cycles through musicians every couple years. I'd imagine he's pretty tough to deal with...
                        www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                        www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

Donate musical instruments to inner-city kids.

Comment

Wow. I see it about 180 off from you! I love the Smiths but Morrissey's solo stuff has been mostly great ever since (yeah, a few bum albums in there, but also some truly great ones.) I think he's singing better now than when they started - fuller, less affected than the early stuff. I've seen him live a few times over the last 20 (gasp!) years, and he seems to be aging very gracefully. Not many rock vocalists can claim the same - seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

I like a lot of his solo stuff. I'm one of the few people I know who rates Southpaw Grammar and Vauzhall and I is up there with The Queen is Dead. I can't claim to know who DLR are, let alone say I've listened to them I'm not a fan of bands trying to reform and blast out the old hits. The Stone Roses reunion is as pathetic as their attempt to carry on once Reni and Squire had left. Morrissey's singing minus the affectations leaves him sounding run of the mill.
                            Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

Never liked morissey or his voice.
                              Good Deals: Mr Cheef & WAWBanks & JDE & MPH & the.nameless & gambit & Woolyh & ChrisB

Comment

x2, i just saw him for the first time around christmas last year and he sounded great. the line out the venue was 4 city blocks just to see him. yeah, he had a couple snide comments about the smiths, but when he did "still ill" the place went crazy.
                                haters gonna hate i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X