The Smiths to do a Reunion Tour!?

thefool

• Members

I'd definitely love to see one happen, but I don't think Johnny has any desire to have to deal with Morrissey's whining anymore.

Its interesting, besides Boz Boorer, Morrissey usually cycles through musicians every couple years. I'd imagine he's pretty tough to deal with...

• Members
Wow. I see it about 180 off from you! I love the Smiths but Morrissey's solo stuff has been mostly great ever since (yeah, a few bum albums in there, but also some truly great ones.) I think he's singing better now than when they started - fuller, less affected than the early stuff. I've seen him live a few times over the last 20 (gasp!) years, and he seems to be aging very gracefully. Not many rock vocalists can claim the same - seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

I like a lot of his solo stuff. I'm one of the few people I know who rates Southpaw Grammar and Vauzhall and I is up there with The Queen is Dead. I can't claim to know who DLR are, let alone say I've listened to them :D I'm not a fan of bands trying to reform and blast out the old hits. The Stone Roses reunion is as pathetic as their attempt to carry on once Reni and Squire had left. Morrissey's singing minus the affectations leaves him sounding run of the mill.

• Members

Wow. I see it about 180 off from you! I love the Smiths but Morrissey's solo stuff has been mostly great ever since (yeah, a few bum albums in there, but also some truly great ones.) I think he's singing better now than when they started - fuller, less affected than the early stuff. I've seen him live a few times over the last 20 (gasp!) years, and he seems to be aging very gracefully. Not many rock vocalists can claim the same - seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

x2, i just saw him for the first time around christmas last year and he sounded great. the line out the venue was 4 city blocks just to see him. yeah, he had a couple snide comments about the smiths, but when he did "still ill" the place went crazy.

haters gonna hate i guess.

Archived