Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Comic Books!

who out there is a comic nerd, i know there are plenty of you in this forum, what are y'all reading right now lets get a good comic book thread going on! I'm currenty reading locke & key, preacher, and y the last man. what about the rest of you
    Fender american telecaster deluxe, fender american standard strat, homemade thinline
    pedalboard
    Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue

I can't keep up with anything anymore, too expensive and too many damn crossovers/"events" to really bother. I'll sometimes buy trades, sometimes I'll download, but nothing has really grabbed me in quite a while. Last books I was reading: Locke & Key, Chew, DMZ, Walking Dead, Bomb Queen, Hack/Slash, Popbot, Fell.

I wish Ellis would do more Nextwave, or Marvel would have some sense and do a cartoon or movie. With the popularity of stuff like Kick-Ass and other violet/dark humor/anti-hero stuff it would be a cash cow, but not many people have read it. It was brilliant.
    we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

i read pretty much everything lol
      Randall Army
      Equiperate EMGers Club
      Member Of The €piphone Empire
      Gear:
      Randall Amps
      Gibson guitars
      Tonepros
      Lava cable
      Dunlop/MXR

Comment

We3
        Blame!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        {www.dronecloud.org}
        {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

I get to read a lot of them at work, nothing too current though. Achewood is the best by far for me, Chris Ware a close second. Persepolis, Maus, and Alan Moore are all amazing too. Definitely need to read Y the Last Man, heard a bunch of good things.

Comment

I'm not reading anything at the moment, but I have a bunch of comics by Moebius/Jean Giraud I haven't gotten to yet.
            broke my hand on a pineapple… didn't even care

Comment

The Walking Dead, currently. Thinking about jumping into Y. How is it?
              Originally Posted by MrNixon

Its like a sybian for electric guitars.

Ive had good deals with the following people(your results may vary):
              Djfrank, mibeaulieu, negative theory, bluesthug, chad-ro, Somedayrockstar, jango22, grayeyes777, downer01, Uberthrall, solewheelin, apoxacilin, somestarrynight, The_Snake_King, Soholounge, iamthearm, Jnichols2727

Comment

I can't keep up with anything anymore, too expensive

what? Comics were free when I went to the comics store yesterday

youtube
                soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

I can't keep up with anything anymore, too expensive and too many damn crossovers/"events" to really bother. .

Ditto. That's one reason I really liked Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man. Started everything from scratch and kept the crossovers to a minimum.

Comment

Having read any in a while, but my favorites are/were Walking Dead, DMZ, Invincible, Fables, Y the Last Man, Runaways (before it started sucking), the Ultimates (before it started sucking), The Boys, 100 Bullets, and Scalped.

Comment

The Walking Dead, currently. Thinking about jumping into Y. How is it?

Y is awesome, i have the first volume of the deluxe volumes and just finished it. it was really awesome just ordered the 2nd. I also super recommend Chew. One of the best series I've read in so long. 5th trade just came out last week.
                      Fender american telecaster deluxe, fender american standard strat, homemade thinline
                      pedalboard
                      Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue

Comment

We3

I just bought this myself , it was good but I'm really only an Invisibles fan... and I liked Morrison's 'The Filth' too though.

I've never been able to get into anything else really, I started Transmetropolitan and got board after the first 3 graphic novels and I read the two un-men graphic novels too which were alright but not really my thing.

I just want Grant Morrison to write more invisbles or something similar.

Comment

I've been out of the comic loop since the late 90s but recently started rereading The Maxx. I was really into it back in the day but appreciate the story so much more now that I'm older and understand it better. I've got to track down the dozen or so issues I'm missing. In the meantime I've ordered the first Sandman, Ojo, and My Inner Bimbo trades.
                          PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

Yeah, I read a fair number of comics.

Incorruptible is pretty good, if you're looking for something contemporary.

Transmetropolitan is probably one of my favorite books of all time.

Right now I'm reading Denny O'Neil's 80s run of The Question.
                            If we heard mortar shells,we'd cuss more in our songs,and cut down on guitar solos. Good transactions with: thewizardsofhop, moon shadow, blanknotice, stacco, grayeyes777, Frankenstrat86, Crxsh, Blurillaz, gtrwiz, H.P. Lovecraft, Sovtek50, gorebuc, Stevenglass, Spectermagic, fever606, anibawl, Gaetano Paul, iamthearm, Aaron SS, starmansam, J Werner

Comment

Rice Boy. Civil War was really great. I was reading walking dead for a while, but stopped after the prison arch. The only thing I keep up with is Yotsuba&!
                              Originally Posted by neatobassman

Know what's worse than a bad singer. A singer that sounds like a bad singer. Now replace bad singer with Ben Gibbard.

Great deals with: plawren53202, Jake.Lind, sh333

Comment

Working...
                              X