OT: Comic Books!

thefool

• Members

Y is awesome, i have the first volume of the deluxe volumes and just finished it. it was really awesome just ordered the 2nd. I also super recommend Chew. One of the best series I've read in so long. 5th trade just came out last week.

If you like Y I highly recommend the new book from the same author. A pulp-style science fiction story called Saga. Only two issues out of right now, but it looks very promising.

• Members

If you like Y I highly recommend the new book from the same author. A pulp-style science fiction story called Saga. Only two issues out of right now, but it looks very promising.

yeah i have saga in my subscription box, ive read the first 2 issues, and i agree it does look really promising

• Members

Oooh, thanks for the heads-up. I dig all of Brian K. Vaughan's stuff.

I already mentioned Runaways, but Ex Machina is really good too.

• Members

Oooh, thanks for the heads-up. I dig all of Brian K. Vaughan's stuff.

I already mentioned Runaways, but Ex Machina is really good too.

Yes, Runaways is great. Joss Whedons run was annoying to follow with all the delays, but it turned out well once it was done.

I was late on the Brian K Vaughan train, but now he's quickly turning into one of my favorite current writer, along with guys like Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis.

If you want to pick up some older issues I also recommend Frank Millers run on Daredevil if you haven't read it already. It has my favorite single page in comics ever.

• Members

All star superman was phenomenal.

Red son was also a great read.

Right now Im reading the new batman series and it's pretty good so far.

I strongly suggest reading the maxx. Great 90s book.

is that part of the new 52? the batman detective comics looks awesome but im waiting for the trade, the court of owls also looks really cool.

Archived