Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Mince Hogan
    View Post

This is the correct answer.

Dunno mang...500 bones for reverb? For that kind of money I'd personally look at rack units. If you're okay with a more convenient size and a handfull of convincing sounding reverb types at a more reasonable price point, EHX/Hardwire/Boss does the job just fine imo

Comment

Supernatural is great. Not cheesy at all.
      This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Supernatural is great. Not cheesy at all.
        This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by thom
          View Post

Dunno mang...500 bones for reverb? For that kind of money I'd personally look at rack units. If you're okay with a more convenient size and a handfull of convincing sounding reverb types at a more reasonable price point, EHX/Hardwire/Boss does the job just fine imo

I prefer the Space for the unconvincing reverbs. Sure, if you want a nice room or hall get something else, but for Shoegaze or Psych I just can't see past some of the things you can do with the Space. Yeah, it's definitely expensive, but I'd look at a second hand Space before any other reverb pedal if you want it for Shoegaze sounds. I suppose it comes down to how much you use reverb and how important it is for you to have your reverb cover lots of ground.

I also use the Space for trem, chorus, delay, flanger and for the fuzz after 'verb algorithm 'Mangledverb' which saves me having to put a fuzz after reverb if I don't want to. I honestly couldn't live without it now.
          Fuzzed out Shoegaze
          http://thecherrywave.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by thom
            View Post

I prefer the Space for the unconvincing reverbs. Sure, if you want a nice room or hall get something else, but for Shoegaze or Psych I just can't see past some of the things you can do with the Space. Yeah, it's definitely expensive, but I'd look at a second hand Space before any other reverb pedal if you want it for Shoegaze sounds. I suppose it comes down to how much you use reverb and how important it is for you to have your reverb cover lots of ground.

I also use the Space for trem, chorus, delay, flanger and for the fuzz after 'verb algorithm 'Mangledverb' which saves me having to put a fuzz after reverb if I don't want to. I honestly couldn't live without it now.
            Fuzzed out Shoegaze

Comment

For a small footprint and value, I'd suggest trying to source a used TC Hall of Fame. It has 8-10 reverb profiles, and while it seems no one wants to claim it, the many who have it (see: group review above) simply won't part with it. It's not a "WOW!" 'verb, but it's far better than "gets the job done" and has a small footprint.

Have you thought about an RE-20? Not a small footprint, but you can get into some nice-y sounds ...
              https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

For a small footprint and value, I'd suggest trying to source a used TC Hall of Fame. It has 8-10 reverb profiles, and while it seems no one wants to claim it, the many who have it (see: group review above) simply won't part with it. It's not a "WOW!" 'verb, but it's far better than "gets the job done" and has a small footprint.

Have you thought about an RE-20? Not a small footprint, but you can get into some nice-y sounds ...
                https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

I'm also looking for a reverb, I traded my Cathedral last night.

I was never thrilled with it, the hold or freeze function didn't work very well, you have to wait a second for the sound to process before it will freeze the sound. if you're used to using the actual Freeze pedal, this will drive you nuts.

the tone in general is kinda meh as well, when I hear my bandmates Eventide Space, there's no comparison, it blows it away.

I'm also after a deep lush verb for ambient type stuff, rather than amplike reverb emulation.

I was thinking about grabbing a Line 6 M5 today becasue they're on sale cheap.

anyone familiar with the verbs on the M5?
                  great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

I was never thrilled with it, the hold or freeze function didn't work very well, you have to wait a second for the sound to process before it will freeze the sound. if you're used to using the actual Freeze pedal, this will drive you nuts.

the tone in general is kinda meh as well, when I hear my bandmates Eventide Space, there's no comparison, it blows it away.

I'm also after a deep lush verb for ambient type stuff, rather than amplike reverb emulation.

great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

• Couleurs
                      Couleurs commented
                      Editing a comment

Reauchambeau wrote:

I don't know if anyone's replied to this yet, but, I reeeally didn't like any of the reverbs on the M5. But then again, I may just be picky because, well, I'm starting to get a little worn out with my BSR too, and find myself lusting for a Space.

Just try it out though! That's the best advice I or anyone else here can give you. You can always just flip it if you don't like it, too.

I concur with the mehness of the Cathedral.
                    Fuzzed out Shoegaze

Comment

I concur with the mehness of the Cathedral.
                      Fuzzed out Shoegaze

Comment

even though i'd rather the Flint was a standalone reverb with all the predelay, and filter controls, the reverb itself is was nicer than the Blue Sky. the 80's mode definitely falls in the lofi category with the tone knob not extinguishing any low end like you might expect.. or experience with anything like the TC/RV7 etc. it has 'body' where hifi reverbs remove all those important low-mid harmonics.

the 70's plate is cool. more similar to the RV-2 than any other plate modes i've heard. the 60's spring is ok.. i don't really use it to be able to confirm how well it compares to anything else.

i don't use the trems.
                        Youtube Pedal Vids
                        For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                        ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                        Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                        Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

even though i'd rather the Flint was a standalone reverb with all the predelay, and filter controls, the reverb itself is was nicer than the Blue Sky. the 80's mode definitely falls in the lofi category with the tone knob not extinguishing any low end like you might expect.. or experience with anything like the TC/RV7 etc. it has 'body' where hifi reverbs remove all those important low-mid harmonics.

the 70's plate is cool. more similar to the RV-2 than any other plate modes i've heard. the 60's spring is ok.. i don't really use it to be able to confirm how well it compares to anything else.

i don't use the trems.
                          Youtube Pedal Vids
                          For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                          ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                          Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                          Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

Mr. Black SuperMoon or Eterna. I have the Eterna and it's ethereal, clangy, and spacious.
                            ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

Mr. Black SuperMoon or Eterna. I have the Eterna and it's ethereal, clangy, and spacious.
                              ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

Working...
                              X