Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

So until now I used a Boss Rv2 and it's pretty good. I liked especially the plate setting and the hall with the mix and the decay maxed. It has that lo-finess that I really like, but when you don't use extreme settings it's a little meh to me.

so what should I try?

I've been eyeing the cathedral, seems interesting also for the infinite reverb. I just don't like the large footprint but it's not a great problem. The supernatural seems also good but sometimes from demos sounds a little cheesy.

whaddya think? help a brotha out
    Gear: Fender American Tele<br>Fender Thin-skin JM<br>Fender Vibroverb '63 Ri<br>Too many pedlols<br><br>Great deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

cathedral, supernatural, nunauber wet, strymon whateverthe****************, source audio, etc

any of those would be great for that.

my personalm experience: the cathedral and supernatural both kill. the cathedral not only sounds good but its ****************ing fun.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

cathedral, supernatural, nunauber wet, strymon whateverthe****************, source audio, etc

any of those would be great for that.

my personalm experience: the cathedral and supernatural both kill. the cathedral not only sounds good but its ****************ing fun.
      Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I like the Flint's near infinite hall setting myself. Very nice sounding. Kind of miss it, but moved to the supernatural cause I liked a lot of the settings better.
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

I like the Flint's near infinite hall setting myself. Very nice sounding. Kind of miss it, but moved to the supernatural cause I liked a lot of the settings better.
          www.shoepedals.com

Comment

I'd go with a TC Electronic Trinity reverb or a Hardwire Supernatural. My amp's spring reverb and the Boss RV-5 is good enoigh for me, but I guess you could go a little bit more refined/pristine/cork sniffy if you spend more. I mean that in a good way ofcourse

My only real gripe with the Boss reverbs, and I guess with all Boss stuff: ****************ty bypass. That'd be one reason for me to upgrade if I ever get another band going again. Doesn't seem to bother most people, it's sort of one my pet peeves I guess.

Comment

I'd go with a TC Electronic Trinity reverb or a Hardwire Supernatural. My amp's spring reverb and the Boss RV-5 is good enoigh for me, but I guess you could go a little bit more refined/pristine/cork sniffy if you spend more. I mean that in a good way ofcourse

My only real gripe with the Boss reverbs, and I guess with all Boss stuff: ****************ty bypass. That'd be one reason for me to upgrade if I ever get another band going again. Doesn't seem to bother most people, it's sort of one my pet peeves I guess.

Comment

EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo if you like the more "vintage" spring and plate style. it covers smooth standard reverbs and spacey room/echos. the Mr. Black Eterna is intressting too.. yeah and the Strymon reverbs sounds really good imo. i'd like to check out the neunaber wet as next.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Good Deals with</b>: <font color="darkslategray">CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, <b>Kayzer</b>, kpd78, <b>Neoflox</b>, Sikor, <b>SilenceSketches, Snufkino</b> a. WAWBanks... !!</font></font><br></div><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in.&quot;

Comment

EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo if you like the more "vintage" spring and plate style. it covers smooth standard reverbs and spacey room/echos. the Mr. Black Eterna is intressting too.. yeah and the Strymon reverbs sounds really good imo. i'd like to check out the neunaber wet as next.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Good Deals with</b>: <font color="darkslategray">CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, <b>Kayzer</b>, kpd78, <b>Neoflox</b>, Sikor, <b>SilenceSketches, Snufkino</b> a. WAWBanks... !!</font></font><br></div><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in.&quot;

Comment

you know how much i love my RV-2 and hate hifi reverbs? the Flint will be great for you.

the cathedral is probably the only reverb i'd look for a deal on. but i'm not convinced the tone knob will make it sound lofi.. just darker..
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
                    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
                    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
                    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
                    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

you know how much i love my RV-2 and hate hifi reverbs? the Flint will be great for you.

the cathedral is probably the only reverb i'd look for a deal on. but i'm not convinced the tone knob will make it sound lofi.. just darker..
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
                      <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
                      <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
                      Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
                      </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

as Gareth said, one of the things I like the most in the rv 2 is that lo-fi charachter. Ideally I'd like something with an hall, a room and a plate. That's everything I need.

The cathedral has always interested me but I still have to try it. I'm surprised to see all this suggestions on the flint. I thought it was just a a basic reverb with added trems, am I wrong?

and how is it different from the blue sky or whatever is called?
                        Gear: Fender American Tele<br>Fender Thin-skin JM<br>Fender Vibroverb '63 Ri<br>Too many pedlols<br><br>Great deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

as Gareth said, one of the things I like the most in the rv 2 is that lo-fi charachter. Ideally I'd like something with an hall, a room and a plate. That's everything I need.

The cathedral has always interested me but I still have to try it. I'm surprised to see all this suggestions on the flint. I thought it was just a a basic reverb with added trems, am I wrong?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gae86
                            View Post

the Flint is a "standard" verb but with infinite-verb option... the blue sky has just different modes (shimmer and modulation), controll over pre-delay and hi/lo-damp... the pre-delay is nice to set a "far away" sound...

checkout the strymon demos of the flint

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gae86
                              View Post

the Flint is a "standard" verb but with infinite-verb option... the blue sky has just different modes (shimmer and modulation), controll over pre-delay and hi/lo-damp... the pre-delay is nice to set a "far away" sound...

checkout the strymon demos of the flint

Comment

Working...
                              X