Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

So until now I used a Boss Rv2 and it's pretty good. I liked especially the plate setting and the hall with the mix and the decay maxed. It has that lo-finess that I really like, but when you don't use extreme settings it's a little meh to me.

so what should I try?

I've been eyeing the cathedral, seems interesting also for the infinite reverb. I just don't like the large footprint but it's not a great problem. The supernatural seems also good but sometimes from demos sounds a little cheesy.

whaddya think? help a brotha out
    Gear: Fender American Tele<br>Fender Thin-skin JM<br>Fender Vibroverb '63 Ri<br>Too many pedlols<br><br>Great deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

cathedral, supernatural, nunauber wet, strymon whateverthe****************, source audio, etc

any of those would be great for that.

my personalm experience: the cathedral and supernatural both kill. the cathedral not only sounds good but its ****************ing fun.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

cathedral, supernatural, nunauber wet, strymon whateverthe****************, source audio, etc

any of those would be great for that.

my personalm experience: the cathedral and supernatural both kill. the cathedral not only sounds good but its ****************ing fun.
      Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I like the Flint's near infinite hall setting myself. Very nice sounding. Kind of miss it, but moved to the supernatural cause I liked a lot of the settings better.
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

I like the Flint's near infinite hall setting myself. Very nice sounding. Kind of miss it, but moved to the supernatural cause I liked a lot of the settings better.
          www.shoepedals.com

Comment

I'd go with a TC Electronic Trinity reverb or a Hardwire Supernatural. My amp's spring reverb and the Boss RV-5 is good enoigh for me, but I guess you could go a little bit more refined/pristine/cork sniffy if you spend more. I mean that in a good way ofcourse

My only real gripe with the Boss reverbs, and I guess with all Boss stuff: ****************ty bypass. That'd be one reason for me to upgrade if I ever get another band going again. Doesn't seem to bother most people, it's sort of one my pet peeves I guess.

Comment

I'd go with a TC Electronic Trinity reverb or a Hardwire Supernatural. My amp's spring reverb and the Boss RV-5 is good enoigh for me, but I guess you could go a little bit more refined/pristine/cork sniffy if you spend more. I mean that in a good way ofcourse

My only real gripe with the Boss reverbs, and I guess with all Boss stuff: ****************ty bypass. That'd be one reason for me to upgrade if I ever get another band going again. Doesn't seem to bother most people, it's sort of one my pet peeves I guess.

Comment

EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo if you like the more "vintage" spring and plate style. it covers smooth standard reverbs and spacey room/echos. the Mr. Black Eterna is intressting too.. yeah and the Strymon reverbs sounds really good imo. i'd like to check out the neunaber wet as next.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Good Deals with</b>: <font color="darkslategray">CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, <b>Kayzer</b>, kpd78, <b>Neoflox</b>, Sikor, <b>SilenceSketches, Snufkino</b> a. WAWBanks... !!</font></font><br></div><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in.&quot;

Comment

EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo if you like the more "vintage" spring and plate style. it covers smooth standard reverbs and spacey room/echos. the Mr. Black Eterna is intressting too.. yeah and the Strymon reverbs sounds really good imo. i'd like to check out the neunaber wet as next.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Good Deals with</b>: <font color="darkslategray">CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, <b>Kayzer</b>, kpd78, <b>Neoflox</b>, Sikor, <b>SilenceSketches, Snufkino</b> a. WAWBanks... !!</font></font><br></div><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in.&quot;

Comment

you know how much i love my RV-2 and hate hifi reverbs? the Flint will be great for you.

the cathedral is probably the only reverb i'd look for a deal on. but i'm not convinced the tone knob will make it sound lofi.. just darker..
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
                    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
                    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
                    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
                    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

you know how much i love my RV-2 and hate hifi reverbs? the Flint will be great for you.

the cathedral is probably the only reverb i'd look for a deal on. but i'm not convinced the tone knob will make it sound lofi.. just darker..
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
                      <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
                      <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
                      Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
                      </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

as Gareth said, one of the things I like the most in the rv 2 is that lo-fi charachter. Ideally I'd like something with an hall, a room and a plate. That's everything I need.

The cathedral has always interested me but I still have to try it. I'm surprised to see all this suggestions on the flint. I thought it was just a a basic reverb with added trems, am I wrong?

and how is it different from the blue sky or whatever is called?
                        Gear: Fender American Tele<br>Fender Thin-skin JM<br>Fender Vibroverb '63 Ri<br>Too many pedlols<br><br>Great deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

as Gareth said, one of the things I like the most in the rv 2 is that lo-fi charachter. Ideally I'd like something with an hall, a room and a plate. That's everything I need.

The cathedral has always interested me but I still have to try it. I'm surprised to see all this suggestions on the flint. I thought it was just a a basic reverb with added trems, am I wrong?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gae86
                            View Post

the Flint is a "standard" verb but with infinite-verb option... the blue sky has just different modes (shimmer and modulation), controll over pre-delay and hi/lo-damp... the pre-delay is nice to set a "far away" sound...

checkout the strymon demos of the flint

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gae86
                              View Post

the Flint is a "standard" verb but with infinite-verb option... the blue sky has just different modes (shimmer and modulation), controll over pre-delay and hi/lo-damp... the pre-delay is nice to set a "far away" sound...

checkout the strymon demos of the flint

Comment

Working...
                              X