No announcement yet.

Let's play "Why'd I buy that"?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play "Why'd I buy that"?

Today I bought a Rockman X-100 thing inside a rack mount so you can play it live or record it.

I played it awhile and I already have every sound it makes and better in spades.

So, the question is, why'd I buy that?

It will now sit with all the other stuff in my drawers and corners of the room that I never used but acquired during previous sessions of playing "why'd I buy that".

NYC big muff.

it's cool, produces some cool sounds, but i'm not 100% sure i have an application for it.

Comment

ZVex Fuzz Factory. Cool tones, but completely impractical for gigging.
      Originally Posted by Valtiel

The lulz brought to you by White_Van LLC.

And remember kids, its not rape if you yell surprise first.

Comment

Well there was that thread about the Rockman today and I was reading all the cool albums it was on. When I saw it show up on CL today I just went and got it. I really, really, really don't need it nor want it.

Comment

Today I bought a Rockman X-100 thing inside a rack mount so you can play it live or record it.

I played it awhile and I already have every sound it makes and better in spades.

So, the question is, why'd I buy that?

It will now sit with all the other stuff in my drawers and corners of the room that I never used but acquired during previous sessions of playing "why'd I buy that".

Werent your elbows screwed?
          Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

Peadtrain pedal board. I never use pedals. I like the idea of having a wah delay, flanger and chorus though. Just don't stand on them.
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=795963
            http://www.myspace.com/suparsonic
            Friedman Brown Eye - Bogner 100b XTC - '88 Soldano SLO 100
            Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top Classic - EBMM EVH - Les Paul Classic

Comment

Elbow and shoulder. I hunched on the floor and winced through 3 minutes of playing. I won't be doing it again soon.
              Hey, I had to at least hear the ****************er.

Comment

a metal zone back in 1998. why the **************** did i buy that
                gear transactions: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...9&postcount=18

Comment

Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger
                  Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

I never had a desire to use either...so I bought them, played with them for 5 minutes, and forgot about them for 10 years

Crate anything - my first amps/cabs...before I knew better.
                  Good Transactions - Peavey VTM Mods Lounge
                  The Legacy Of...

Comment

Vox Brian May Special.
                    PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
                    Athée intégriste

Comment

your avatar is the best on HCAF hands down

is that your women? If so :jealous:
                      Originally Posted by exafro

I can alternate pick like a mofo, and it has nothing to do with practice.

Originally Posted by carlstretch

My kids are older now and have all shot hundreds of rounds thru my shotguns and handguns. They know how to use them and I'm not worried about them playing cowboys and indians with them.

Originally Posted by redeye5

you know whats classy as ****************? ****************ing your wife in the ass and telling the internet beforehand!

Comment

Orange AD140
                        Tech21 Boost DLA
                        HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

When I was (much) younger I bought a new Digitech GSP21 Pro. The million fullpage ads in Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician convinced me I needed it.

My buddy had the tube digitech thingee and my pro never sounded as "cool" as his. Eventually I traded it in. THEN a week later I missed it and convinced myself it was perfect for me (again, after I already owned it once). REbought it and it still sucked. I don't know what happened to it from there, I am sure I sold it or traded it in, I just don't know where.

Looking back on it, if I had any idea how to dial in a guitar tone then (I hadn't been playing very long, it was 90' or 91') I may have gotten something decent out of it.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/DigiTech/GSP-21+Pro/10/1

Hell, posting this has made me nostalgic, I should see if I could find one.
                          I had a signature once...

Comment

Too much to post.
                            Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

Boss OC-2. I had no use for it.

It was cheap, though.
                              Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X