SIGNATURE quick and dirty fix...

• Members

HC management will be making an announcement later about the fact that user 'signatures' that had links or formatting are currently displaying as code.

The Quick and Dirty Method of fixing your signature is to simply copy the code as it's displayed into a text document, name that something like temp.html, click on the file to open it in your browser (assuming 'typical' file associations), where it should display as it was originally, copy and paste straight from that 'temp' browser page into the signature area of your Profile / User Settings / Account settings.

My signature below is fixed.

EDIT: As Iamthesky says below, using the 'Advanced' mode in the editor you can insert a line above your signature -- but most of the other formatting options seem to create a 'signature too big' error on trying to save.

Okay, I got the word on sigs. They're messed-up because they were imported to the new software as HTML, which was apparently how they had to be imported from the old software.

You can easily fix our own sig - here's how.

Go in to your User Settings - you can get there by clicking on your name in the upper-right hand corner of the page, and selecting "User Settings" from the drop down menu.

Next, click on the "Account" tab.

Scroll down to where it says:

Conversation

Detail Options

Visible Post Elements

Show Signatures

Show Avatar

Edit Post Signature

As a side note, notice the "Show Signatures" check box. If you'd rather not see signatures, you can uncheck this box and click "Save Changes" (blue box at the bottom of the page), and signatures should then be invisible to you, site-wide.

Continuing on with the sig-fix instructions, click on "Edit Post Signature".

Delete all the HTML code (stuff like etc.) and lay out the sig the way you want it to look. Blue2blue's excellent tip (above) can save you time on this step. :)

Hit save.

Standard vB codes seem to be working in sigs, so you can use those codes to insert links, make stuff bold or italicized, etc.

Since vB doesn't include this as a default, another thing I'd recommend is adding a line to the top of your sig so people know where your posts stop and your sig begins. I use a line of asterisks, but a line of dashes or underscores would probably work just as well.

• Members
Alas, I don't think anyone here actually goes to my soundcloud page anyway. So I'll just save my self some typing and let things lie.

biggrin.gif

I know how you feel. I go to my own SC page and it starts playing someone else's music. LOL

If it makes you feel any better, I'm listening to your version of "Tomorrow Never Knows" right now. wink_zpsa9897a65.gif

Archived