What the heck is this thing?

UstadKhanAli

• Members

That thing, dear friends, is a device known as a Dynamic Decoupling Discumbumbulator. It was often used in conjunction with a Multiple Vibration Harmonic Sensitiser to prevent shelving frequencies from distorting the signal when a Gilmour-Waters Modulation Transputer was placed in the signal path between the Flying Electron Transputer and the Shelving Signal Synthesis Generator.

Jayzus you folks know nothing...

:p

• Members

Originally posted by blackpig

That thing, dear friends, is a device known as a Dynamic Decoupling Discumbumbulator. It was often used in conjunction with a Multiple Vibration Harmonic Sensitiser to prevent shelving frequencies from distorting the signal when a Gilmour-Waters Modulation Transputer was placed in the signal path between the Flying Electron Transputer and the Shelving Signal Synthesis Generator.

Jayzus you folks know nothing...

:p

But did the ring nebulizer distort the transmogrified signal in the nascent output stage?

• Members

I can't believe that none of you has ever seen/used an old German "Lag Fork" before. (Hard to translate form the Deutsch, but Lag Fork gets the closest.)

It uses a uniquely Bavarian circuit. Only works in Germany, Luxembourg, parts of France and Belgium, and, oddly, Germantown, NY, which is where I used it for that unique zero-dimensional disappation effect on the track "Ich Bin Ein Jay Berliner."

But I thought you would have known all that.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

But did the ring nebulizer distort the transmogrified signal in the nascent output stage?

No. Like I said, it was designed to prevent such distortion in the nascent (not pre-pubescent, as Wright & Mason maintained) output stage. The Gilmour-Waters Modulation Transputer, while invaluable when extra capacitative inductance could cause unwanted resonance in the bilateral preamp, could also cause the signal to clip when the germanium crystals overloaded. If the Dynamic Decoupling Discumbumbulator was wired in parallel with a Multiple Vibration Harmonic Sensitiser it could prevent resonant frequencies being amplified to the point where clipping occured, but only if both pieces of equipment together were wired IN SERIES with the transputer. Many a sound engineer has had his career come to grief over this simple, but often overlooked, observation. It should also be noted that if the germanium transistors burn out it makes a great fuzz box.

Thank you for asking.

• Members

Sheesh - buncha comedians...

Google Translation:

Here a special specialty comes under the hammer: no type designation is to be read, the picture actually states everything. I believe this concerns a mixing amplifier from old clay/tone studio technology or of the broadcast - perhaps also to GDR. I have to draw the part used over from it by over-regulation with my Moog a sahnigen however common FUZZ distortion sound. My technician regarded it times and discovered GERMANIUM TRANSISTORS, which provide for the interesting distortion behavior. This element has probably special sound characteristics and is so also only rarely blocked, there expensively. I can describe the sound as rau, very present and FUZZ moderately. Naturally one can take the thing also as mixers. The potentiometers scratch sometimes, if one moves them the first time. All connections are implemented as DIN sockets. Ancient rarity I that on used for adding FUZZ sound ton my moog synth. I know hardly anything about it save that when overdriven it makes A lovely FUZZ sound. My technician looked RK it and said it

• Members

It read a bit like manuel for mixer please. Congraytulaytion on purchase ok.

1. If to turn on, press button on.

2. To turn off, not press on but off. This is located beside on but is not off only when turn.

3. To increase in volume turn up knob. If be not increase turn down knob.

4. Bass and treble! Bass and treble fun! Turn up and down knob!

5. Output is right when light is light. Output is not on when light is in off. Please to place in on.

6. We're glad you are happy with our product. Please take time to enjoy the KFC vouchers and we hope it gives you many happy service.

7. Manufactuers accept not responsible for {censored}. If product {censored}y return to retail.

• Members

No. Like I said, it was designed to prevent such distortion in the nascent (not pre-pubescent, as Wright & Mason maintained) output stage. The Gilmour-Waters Modulation Transputer, while invaluable when extra capacitative inductance could cause unwanted resonance in the bilateral preamp, could also cause the signal to clip when the germanium crystals overloaded. If the Dynamic Decoupling Discumbumbulator was wired in parallel with a Multiple Vibration Harmonic Sensitiser it could prevent resonant frequencies being amplified to the point where clipping occured, but only if both pieces of equipment together were wired IN SERIES with the transputer. Many a sound engineer has had his career come to grief over this simple, but often overlooked, observation. It should also be noted that if the germanium transistors burn out it makes a great fuzz box.

Thank you for asking.

Dude, I wanna see yer studio!!! :D

• Members

Oh all right. Here's my studio. You can see that I'm very organised. The piece of gear that's missing is my favourite - the Blackpig Laboratories Patent Multiple Overlap Sidewinder Incorporating Auto Reverse Feedback And Digital Driveby Extrafibrillator. No studio should be without one.

• Members

Oh all right. Here's my studio. You can see that I'm very organised. The piece of gear that's missing is my favourite - the Blackpig Laboratories Patent Multiple Overlap Sidewinder Incorporating Auto Reverse Feedback And Digital Driveby Extrafibrillator. No studio should be without one.

Drooling and scheming to acquire such a fine studio. Can I get the plans?

• Moderators

I'm going to guess you don't have a cat, since that unracked tall stack of gear is still standing up. :o

Terry D.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's a small PA system. It appears to have four input channels, and the knobs in the upper right would appear to be for effects - "Hall" may just be a glorified spring reverb, etc.

It may indeed distort and "fuzz" when driven hard... but unless I miss my guess, that's not what it was originally designed for.

I now return you to the silliness, already in progress... :wave:

Archived