NGD - Agile AL 2000

chrispscott

• Members

(Excuse the crappy picture quality I forgot my good camera at home today.)

IM000840.jpg

Ooooh a pretty case what could be inside?

IM000841.jpg

Wow that is one garish pink color.

IM000842.jpg

Ah that's better

IM000843.jpg

IM000844.jpg

IM000847.jpg

Overall, I'm very pleased with it. It was pretty well setup out of the box. However, I lowered the action just a bit. I've owned a few Epi LP copies in the past as well as a Japanese lawsuit era Univox and this holds up to all of those. There were no real finish problems or anything of that nature.

however, there were a few problems that were very minor and to be expected on a guitar at this price point.

First the selector switch was reversed. Rather than unsolder the connections I had enough slack to fit the switch around. Except for that minor detail the electronics were quite cleanly done. It's cheap wire but that's to be expected.

IM000837.jpg

My band's rehearsal space is above where I work so I had a few minutes to play at low volume and the P90's were pretty good. I've been playing it unplugged in the store for about 45 minutes now and it plays very nicely and the Grovers keep it in tune. I plan on giving thepickups more of a workout tonight when I get off work.

The pots were all Alpha 500k's which are not bad. I might put in a pair of BG P90's down the road and when I do I will probably replace the stock pots with CTS or Dimarzio. We'll see when the time comes.

The only other minor problems is that one of the tone knobs was a bit loose but that was easily remedied with a bit of tape around the pot shaft.

My first impression of this guitar is very good. Once the honeymoon is over I'll post another review down the road if anyone is interested. For now my dilemma is this: pickguard on or off?

• Members
very nice, imho, PG off. aslan, my world famous guitar kitten, say's 4 paws up

(excellent)

:thu:

HNGD

oh and welcome to HCEG:wave:

Thank ya! I actually used to post here quite a bit years ago back when there were flamewars over whether or not Creed sucked (I still stand by my statement that they are the worst band I have ever heard.) I forgot all about this site for a while it's nice to be back.

I am thinking PG off too.

• Members

Of all the Agiles I've had, The Goldtop Al2000 P-90s is the only one I still have. It was the least expensive one. All the others were Al3000 and above and all sucked. The Al 2000 at under 200 bucks is a very nice guitar. Stock pickups sound great and the thing sets up and stays in tune amazingly well.
Heavy as hell though. Weight doesn't bother me though I just take a couple Advil and live with it. I don't use it too much but when I pick it up I can't put it down.

Archived