Forget GAS..what do you really need gear wise?

streetknight

• Members

I'm as guilty as everyone for having GAS, I want damn near everything someone posts on here. I have too many guitars and too many amps.

So this is some stuff I need, or at least think I need.

Pedal board ( to get rid of some of the clutter in my limited space )

Wah pedal ( but there are so many I can't make up my mind which )

New Tremolo arm for my Ibanez ( it's gone )

Pedal Tuner ( don't have one )

2 of the (5) guitar stands so I can get more organized of my limited space

New instrument cables (would like one of the coil Coily ones :) )

• Members

If we cut it down to just need, then that would be (other then the obvious strings, picks, and a strap) a decent guitar with decent pickups and a good neck, preferably a Strat; a decent cable, and a two channel 20 - 30 watt tube amp.

I prefer the two channel, but I would be just as happy with a single channel tube amp that gives early breakup, using the volume knob to control it.

If I could choose one pedal to go with it, it would be a wah, but I could do without it.

• Members

Nothing really...I know shocking

I should build a real pedal board but I don't gig so it isn't so important...would be nice to take my pedals when I go out to a friends to jam though.

I've got some new pups coming so I'll be turning one guitar into a P90 which should solve and P90 gas. I could see getting another pedal or two but nothing really I need or want. Probably anything I do after this would be to replace/upgrade something I already have. Like say upgrading my MIM strat for a MIA if I found a really good deal

Other than that :idk:

• Members

Pretty much all I need at this point is a set-neck guitar with a hb in the bridge and a p90 in the neck, and to finish my strat-copy refin that I've been working on forever.

Maybe a decent wah.

There's a hell of a lot more than that that I want, and I guess the argument could be made (and is made, by my fiancee, all the time) that those aren't really things I need, either. There's just some sounds that can't be properly made with a Yamaha Pacifica, right?

• Members

Nothing. The reality is that I already have all the gear I "need", and then some.

I can get by with two guitars, one 2-channel combo amp or a 2-channel head + cab, and one OD or boost pedal.

Anything on top of that is just toys and stuff to play with or just to make gigging a little more convenient and give myself more options.

• Members

Bare bones what do i really need? Out of everything I have and everything i want?

My Ovation, its case, and a pocketful of fender medium picks

although, i would cry my eyes out if i ever had to part with my les paul...burn the rest for firewood but i'd rather you take my legs than my les paul

Archived