So clumsy that it borders on retardation

CaptainCoconut

• Members

I just can't have anything nice, well I do have nice things... but they don't last long because even at my most alert I'm like a bull in a china shop. Makes me wonder why I went with the nitro finish on my strat.

Just now, putting my strap on the guitar, lift the guitar too high and ding the ceiling, finally get the strap on and it somehow gets loose. guitar falls, put the guitar on its stand, stand falls.... this is my life on repeat... now combine that with an OCD like disorder that turns me into a neat and clean freak... everything must be symmetrical, everything must be in mint condition and perfect, yet I'm a clumsy retard... oh the agony.

anyone else like this? I'm dying to know I'm not alone.

• Members

i know plenty of people in your situation. they generally aren't coordinated enough to play guitar though, so hats off to you.

however i can't relate; i have never dropped, scratched, chipped or dinged a guitar. i'm not clumsy at all.

EDIT: for those of you who have seen my '89 Custom that i gigged straight with from '99 to '05, you know that i'm kidding.

• Members

I just can't have anything nice, well I do have nice things... but they don't last long because even at my most alert I'm like a bull in a china shop. Makes me wonder why I went with the nitro finish on my strat.

Just now, putting my strap on the guitar, lift the guitar too high and ding the ceiling, finally get the strap on and it somehow gets loose. guitar falls, put the guitar on its stand, stand falls.... this is my life on repeat... now combine that with an OCD like disorder that turns me into a neat and clean freak... everything must be symmetrical, everything must be in mint condition and perfect, yet I'm a clumsy retard... oh the agony.

Don't feel bad because I have a trippier life than you. I am the king of having it together...but wait...I just had that item in my hand...where is it now? That white shirt in the closet I never took down....is suddenly gone.

The car I just bought that I've treated like ginger and pampered like a baby...

well a tree brach falls off in high wind and scratches the hell out of the passengers side door. I practice for weeks certain songs we are supposed to play just to have them pushed aside for the old stuff we've been beating to death for months, then by the time I get over it "well, you was supposed to get these down, remember we talked about that? Don't play dumb{censored}!"

Yea, I feel like a putz sometimes too.

• Members

It's been many years since I significantly dinged a guitar because of any clumsiness on my part but that last one was a Made in USA archtop Soloist which was either the most expensive or second most expensive guitar I've ever owned. Right now I have many sub $300 guitars that are just about perfect.

My niece has been kinda clumsy lately though. A few days ago, she spilled her drink on our light tan/cream carpet, cleaned it up, got a replacement drink and knocked it over within a half hour.

:facepalm:

But... {censored} happens.

• Members

Not too much happens that's all that clumsy, but I'm not very gentle with my strat. However, one time I played my Harmony guitar at church which is probably 3 pounds, and when I picked it up like a strat, I hit myself in the face with it. I felt pretty embarrassed.

• Members

i smash my guitars into the ceiling when taking them off all the time... :facepalm: the room i play in is in my (cheaply) finished basement and its a drop ceiling though so its the tiles that get damaged not the guitars... im not looking forward to the hole i put in the ceiling later this summer after i rip all this paneling and drop ceiling out and finish up to the standard of the rest of the house.

• Members

I always deliberately
put the first ding in
anything I get new. Car, boat, guitar,
woman
, don't matter. Since I've been doing that my stuff stays nice. Go figure.

So, you're saying you only dent their cherries?

:poke:

:p

• Members

Fender custom shop should hire you STAT!

Archived