NGD: Duesenberg The 49er

ArKay

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice guitar Arkay!! :thu: Duesenbergs are great guitars, and as I've read, and your photos show, they're very well made too. I like the additional screw in the middle, along the back edge of each pickup, that seems to serve the function of keeping the pickup faces flat in their mounting rings.

• Members

I've just watched a few movies and documentaries involving WWII and the Nazis. There's something about the styling of the guitar that would fit right in with aesthetic of Germany under the third reich...it stirs up and awkward feeling. I'm sure it sounds and plays great. HNGD.

• Members

seriously sexy bro~! I remember walking into ikebe gakki and seeing a wall full of these guitars. Thought they looked cool, but had never heard of them. I passed by without so much as picking one up to give it a go :facepalm:
Would love to play with one now though.

HNGD

• Members

Thanks all :wave:

seriously sexy bro~! I remember walking into ikebe gakki and seeing a wall full of these guitars. Thought they looked cool, but had never heard of them. I passed by without so much as picking one up to give it a go
:facepalm:
Would love to play with one now though.

HNGD

The brand was established in 1986, back then they made futuristic looking heavy metal guitars - I have never seen one of those. In '95 they developed the Starplayer, their first retro model. They have quite a few internationally known artists which play their guitars, but are still probably more known in Japan than in the US since in 2000 one of their endorsers made it into the Top 5.

news_large_0e26bae28ed71c1b71dadf2281010

• Members

It's an old Canon EOS-10D SLR with a Tamron AF 28-75mm. Not really suited for closeups, but it works.

I have seen people taking better pics with a Powershot and a stand though so it's not only the camera :lol:

Archived