NGD: Duesenberg The 49er

ArKay

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Arkay, great looking guitar, I'm going to be banging around Germany for a couple weeks, is it even worthwhile checking out guitar stuff during the trip? I will be in Munich, Frankfurt (just a little) then off to Vienna (these are the bigger cities). Any "friendly" guitar stores that wouldn't mind a yank trying out some local production. I would even consider picking one up, and having them ship it to me, but the USD to Euro exchange rate keeps sucking the Gibson tainted pond water. The Dusenberg's look great and have tweaked my interest.

• Members

I know Musik Schmidt in Frankfurt, they have a huge (probably modest compared to Guitar Center) selection of guitars. They have a couple of Duesenbergs and a few Framus models. We don't have many local brands.

You can try out stuff there, but you have to ask (plenty of Don't Touch signs). :D

[YOUTUBE]XAa7prT8lpc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

This is the third time I've wandered into this thread to look at those photos. :D That guitar is just so damn classy with all the art deco details and the plain top. I think a quilted or flamed top would have killed the beauty of the guitar. You're definitely fueling some GAS in me! :D

• Members

This is the third time I've wandered into this thread to look at those photos.
:D
That guitar is just so damn classy with all the art deco details and the plain top. I think a quilted or flamed top would have killed the beauty of the guitar. You're definitely fueling some GAS in me!
:D

I know how you feel, couldn't take my eyes off of it since I've first seen it either.

They offer a blue pearl top model and I have to agree. :facepalm:

IMG_3357.JPG

• Members

hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks, 'cause it looks fantastic.

It does. Even though it's a pre-Plek model (they have just started Pleking them a few months ago) I can set the action very low. The neck feels very comfortable in my hands as well since it's neither too thin, nor a baseball bat and the pickups sound great.

Archived