My First Act Sheena Story

Songman68

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup.

Their customer service is pretty good. The guitar is playable and may not even require fixing. The crack is at the joint of the main neck wood and the piece of wood that makes up the bottom of the heel. You can feel it with your nail, otherwise it just looks like a finish crack. I was concerned that they might sell out before I got my replacement, but the guy assured me they still had some in stock. I am still playing this one, so I can be patient.

I'm just annoyed that I didn't notice it before I changed the strings and polished the frets.

ic. thats good that its playable. hopefully mine comes in good condition. it should be coming tomorrow i think. i ordered it saturday night.

• Members

The First Act Sheena Converse Special Editions are different than the regular Sheena's. The binding is a pearloid binding instead of a plain binding. The knobs are more rounded on top like the top of a bullet, and the neck isn't as thick as the regular Sheena. I actually like the feel of this neck better than the regular Sheena. This is due to the fact I have kind of small hands.

• Members

i know its a little late but i ordered one 3 days ago :) hopefully it will be here soon since im on winter break. I always wanted to play guitar. I can play decently on bass. Thanks for the pictures tweedledee they really help to convince me to buy one!

• Members

Can anyone elaborate on how First Act notifies and ships. I ordered one last week and the site gave me an order number. However, they have not charged my card or sent me any type of email correspondence.

Do they just wait until they ship to notify and charge?

From my experience, there isn't any notification. But if you call them on the phone, they will let you know what's up and give you a UPS tracking number.

They were very helpful when I have called them... but no email.

• Members

I work fairly close to First Act's showroom. I will go over and check one out.

In my experience their 300 - 500 guitars are very nice for the money. The expensive 1000+ guitars just don't hold up to a higher end Fender or Gibson IMHO.

• Members

In my experience their 300 - 500 guitars are very nice for the money.

And it would appear that these set neck Sheenas are.. or were... 300-500 guitars. At least based on what Amazon is still selling them for. So a $99 closeout deal is quite attractive.

So attractive that I figured what the heck, and ordered one a few days ago too.

• Members

I may have to call Amazon. My best friend's wife and a good friend of mine are the two main buyers for Amazon's musical instrument business.

Amazon does a lot of pseudo-consignment. The Sheena's and Delia's they list are actually sold by Austin Bazaar who, I assume, are the ones that set the pricing. For these First Act deals to show up on Amazon, First Act would have to join their affiliate program. That's how I understand it, FWIW.

• Members

I just called first act and they said its currently being processed : they said if i call back by friday i should be able to get a tracking number. Is it just me or does that seem like too long???

if it were not for Christmas, then that seems like a long time.

When did you order yours and did they charge your CC? I am wondering if I need to call them. I did get an order number, so I assume it went through their system. However, they have not charged my card.

• Members

i forgot when i ordered mine. It was either 3 or 4 days ago. I think its 3. Yeah they charged my account already. I also asked them if there would be a problem and he said that there shouldnt be a problem at all. I would call them just to make sure. The people there are actually very nice.

• Members

They seem to be taking a long time to process their orders lately... might speed up now that Christmas is over. I ordered a Sheena on 12/12 and received it on 12/26. Even though I ordered on the 12th, they didn't charge my card until the 20th (I'm guessing that's the day it shipped). I called a couple of times between the 12th and 20th and all they could tell me was that my order was "in process". Oh well, it's worth the wait and worth way more than the $107 price of admission. I might just order another one if they still have them after payday!

• Members

Dude, I am super jealousy. I looked at that same git on ebay and wanted it, but I figured the sticker was under the clear so I just forgot about it.

Man, the black has to look sweet in person! Congrats!

Yeah it does, and the sticker peeled right off. I had to use some elbow grease and some lemon oil to take of the residue from the sticker. The guitar ended up with two dings in it that the seller didn't describe. I tried to get them to give me back $10 for those, but they claimed it happened during shipping. Oh well. I still really like the guitar though. After a little bit of a setup, it plays and sounds great. I also rewired it with 22 gauge solid core wire and got rid of that cheap 26 gauge it was wired with. :thu:

That guitar was mine all the way, I sniped that sucker. :thu:

• Members

Oh yeah I forgot the Converse edition Sheena also didn't have any foil on the plastic covering the housing for the electronics. So I glued some heavy duty foil on the back of the plastic covering with some 3M spray adhesive. Those were the only minor things I had to do to this one. So it needed a little more attention than the regular Sheena I ordered from First Act for $99. The fact is though, I love working on guitars and doing stuff like that.

Archived