My First Act Sheena Story

Songman68

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sadly we don't have the US Sheenas here, my LE Delia is superb! I may get another if the one I saw doesn't sell SOON.
:)

The photos of your Delia helped seal the deal for me - such a nice guitar!

• Members

The photos of your Delia helped seal the deal for me -
such
a nice guitar!

It really is! A shop in England is blowing them out for I have to stay strong.

I keep checking that shop for LE Delias, but no luck so far. :(

• Members

Hey 2X6L6 - congrats on the guitar. About that VV hot pickup - they seem to have been like that when the guitars were sent out to the magazines for review as well. There were complaints about mismatched pickups and poor selections in an otherwise great guitar.

I briefly had a Chinese sheena, liked it in many ways, but not the neck profile so I lwet it go again. But for the (blowout) price they were incredible value, even after swapping pots.

• Members

Hey 2X6L6 - congrats on the guitar. About that VV hot pickup - they seem to have been like that when the guitars were sent out to the magazines for review as well. There were complaints about mismatched pickups and poor selections in an otherwise great guitar.

I briefly had a Chinese sheena, liked it in many ways, but not the neck profile so I lwet it go again. But for the (blowout) price they were incredible value, even after swapping pots.

"VV hot...?" Not familiar.... but yeah, psyched to pop in the Chinese pup - hopefully it'll produce. Either that or I can get Mr. Armstrong to wind a perfect neck pup ala the Chinese Sheenas.

The neck profile on the Chinese is slimmer than I prefer - I was really happy that the US model is chunkier - a really nice profile IMO.

• Members

I understand your Amber Sheena should have a push-pull that allows you to split the bridge humbucker so it runs as a single coil. How are the tones?

It is actually a series/parallel switch on the humbucker coils. Sounds pretty cool. Kinda thins out the 'bucker and gives it another usable set of tones. Other than that I have found the humbucker to be a lot like the Chinese pickup. I'm not really a humbucker guy but I really like the two in my Sheenas.

Archived