I find myself playing acoustic 70%-80% of the time these days

hardtdc

• Members

I go thru stages like this quite a bit. I have my old Washburn that I got new 31 yrs ago. I go back to it like an old girlfriend that I can't stay away from. Look at it this way. Your chops will be better when you get back to the electrics.

• Members

I probably play acoustic 90% +, but I like this place a heck of a lot better than HCAG...

Anyway - I love electric and the associated gear, but it's so much easier to just break out an acoustic. No plug, no fuss, just pick it up and play!

• Members

...good exercise for sure! ...and as others more learned than I above have said, go with it, it's a cycle, no worries.

Maybe you'll learn something important on acoustic? ...maybe you'll {censored}-yer-pants when you get back to fancying your electric more?

Sounds like the stage is set for plenty o' growing musically!

Good luck dude!!

• Members

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes acoustic is just more convenient, I keep an old beater hanging on the wall next to my back door so I can grab it and relax on my back porch while my kids play in the yard. If it weren't there, and I wanted to play, I'd have to grab a whole bunch of cables, a pedal, stand and guitar to drag outside and then back in again. I think it's always better to be playing something than not playing at all, so go with it and see where it leads.

• Members
I just don't understand it, but I find that I'm drawn more and more to playing acoustic these days than to plugging in.

Anyone else feeling this?
:confused:

Your in the wrong forum. I bought an acoustic in 1998 and it hasn't been out of it's case. Biggest waste of money.

• Members

I got my acoustic upstairs in my room (even though it's an electro-acoustic i never plug in) and all the proper electric stuff downstairs in the living room. Sooo depends what room i am in. Sometimes can't be bothered to plug in the amp and stuff so i may play my electrics unplugged :D

Living room (electric):
PRS copy - use it plugged ONLY
Les Paul copy - unplugged ONLY
...well 99.9% of the time

Archived