Anvil on Conan tonight

Vintage55

• Members

I'm kinda surprised the guitarist's playing metal through a couple Fender Twins. Whaa??

I used to rehearse in the same rehearsal space they used. Try about or 9 Silverface Twins, all lined up in a row. When they rehearsed, you couldn't hear anything else. :mad:

Yeah, I'm glad they're getting their due after working for so many years. But I still think they're straight outta Spinal Tap.

• Members
:facepalm: These guys are stuck in 1983. Even for old school 80's metal i dont think theyre that good. it literally sounds like Spinal Tap. I kept hearing about the movie for the longest time and when I finally saw some of it I realized why no ones heard of em. The movies not about a great rock band that should have made it,(what I was expecting) I guess its more about a washed up mediocre metal band that doesnt know when to quit, and who are stuck in 1983. Sad.

• Members

Musically it was OK to me... the singing and the insepid lyrics were grating starting at about 5 seconds in, though.

I did not catch it, what was the name of the song again? Oh yeah...

METAL on METAL!

:facepalm:

I want to see the movie now just to see how seriously these guys actually take themselves...

Archived