The NEW Gibson Angus Young SG Standard

O.G.T.V.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not defending it, it's quite clearly a silly price, but the aded one is one of those aged and signed dealios.

I remember mocking the price of the 25 aged and signed jimmy page lp's, they were like 25k each.

A couple of months later, they were being resold for north of 80k

• Members

Haha, oh man, the other guitarist in my main band just bought a new Gibby SG (from Best Buy!) for $1200, and I thought he kinda got took.

In honor of his new acquisition, at our band practice Sunday night I played my $99 closeout-special P-90 Agile Valkyrie (SG knockoff). I can honestly say his guitar did not sound 12 times better than mine.

;)

• Members

All of a sudden the EVH Wolfgang looks like a hell of a deal, eh?

:)

-Mc

:lol:

However, it would be a nice guitar if it was 900-1200$, but 4300$ are just hell of expensive for an SG with lightning-bolt inlays.

I hope they will learn how to give their instruments fair prices one day. Probably that's the day that never comes.

• Members

Species

The body of each Angus Young SG is crafted from solid clear mahogany with an offset center seam. This simple but effective tone wood has yielded some of the most classic tones in the history of rock.

My Epiphone vintage g-400 has an offset center seam as well.

7-2piece.jpg

It weighs 5.6 pounds. If I add Pearly Gates do you think I'll be close?

• Members

They also have a Gibson USA production model for nearly half the price.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Angus-Young-SG.aspx

Hey!!! I didn't see that one!!! That's the one Angus really is using on tour (I know cuz of what I have see on forums).

The one I posted here is the one on the Rock N' Roll Train Music Video.

I believe the guitar is kinda nice, but the cheaper one, on ebony only is like....HELL NO!!!

But man!!! The Angus Aged Chery should be a color on all Gibson SG Standard's! I own one from 2005 or 2006, and well.....I would love on that color (the Angus Cherry) or Alpine White, maybe blue or green if it someday apperars. You know what's missing??? a goldtop SG!!!!:love:

Ok. I'm dreaming way too much!!!:facepalm:

Archived