What pickguard colors look good with a pearl white finish?

no fate

• Members

I just bought a nice 2008 Fender American Deluxe Strat in Olympic White Pearl. It has the stock tortoise pickguard, but I am not really a fan of those. I was wondering if anyone here could suggest a pickguard color that would suit this particular finish? Pics with examples would also be cool.

• Members

Aged/cream pearl with black pickup covers and knobs is pretty sexy on an olympic white or vintage white guitar. I think it looks a lot better than standard white pearl.

This pic makes it seem like a subtle difference, but in my opinion, going from the guitar body to the aged pearl looks a like more intentional than going from white to the VERY white pearl.

Other than that, I think olympic white with a cream or parchment pickguard and cream covers and knobs looks great with a maple neck or olympic white with a mint green guard and cream knobs and covers looks great with a rosewood fretboard.

P1070011a1.jpg

• Members

Does your Pearl white look like this one? It came with the aged plastics and parchment pickguard like the MIM 60th but is a 6oth USA that may have had a body swap. I am putting a white pearl pickguard and white plastics on it this weekend. I'll post a pic when its done.

22b11ks5.jpg

Archived