AHHHHHHH! GAS!

mnewb1

• Members

I pay just as much to use this website as you do. That gives me the same rights as it does you. :poke:

How bitter and hateful does someone have to be, to come into what is basically a HGD thread, dump on the buyer's guitar choice and try to ruin his happiness? Dayum, what a sad and pathetic little person.

:facepalm:

Besides, I thought you'd be awful busy starting up your new and infallible guitar company ravencad, giving us a rest from your presence here... or was that just more of your regular daily allotment of BS for HCEG?

• Members

I will probably pull the trigger on this and I will post pictures and a clip when I do.

Even though this has turned into a mini debate about relic guitars, that is not what brought me to this guitar. I would much rather I preferred the Gilmour Strat the NOS version, but the truth is this guitar blew it away.

• Members

I will probably pull the trigger on this and I will post pictures and a clip when I do.

Even though this has turned into a mini debate about relic guitars, that is not what brought me to this guitar. I would much rather I preferred the Gilmour Strat the NOS version, but the truth is this guitar blew it away.

Looking forward to it. :)

Oh, and as for the relic haters out there . . . :blah::blah::blah::blah::bor::bor:

• Members

I'm not a fan of relic guitars but if it would sound better than anything else in the store, I would go for it too!

I always tell people to try as many guitars as they can and to get the one that feels and sounds the best. Who cares, how it looks to others as long as YOU like it!

If you like it better then get it! It's waiting for you!

Edit: Just a thought: when you play your guitar, how much do you see of it while you have your hands all over it??? Here's your answer, sir! You like it, get it!!

• Members

Dude, you can Fake Mojo all you want.. but I played this guitar A-B ing it against a lot of guitars and it blew them away, that is why I'm interested, not because of the relic... I could care less about the relic... but part of the problem I have with the Gilmour strat is that the new nitro finish on the neck makes it Sticky and difficult to play.

I didn't start the thread to be a debate about relic guitars

You're right on here. Sometimes you will walk into a store and the best guitar in there will happen to be a relic, like it or not. I'd rather have a fresh looking one, but if it sounds and plays good, you can't argue much, and I agree that the worn/rolled necks often feel very very nice.

• Members

The original listed price was over three grand but they have it marked in the mid-2000's. Still a significant amount, which is why I wanted to think about this one a little. I can usually afford something like this about once a year, so I have to decide carefully.

• Members

Well, given you can afford it (and it sounds like you can) then I think you owe it to yourself to go get it TODAY. I mean, how often do you pick up a guitar that you immediately fall in love with? That plays perfectly in your hands? This could be your ultimate "one that got away." Don't waste the chance, dude.

• Members

Can't go wrong with an all-white strat (one of my personal favorites, btw), but it does make you wonder how much these relics are gonna be worth after yera and years of REAL abuse...

Hope it'll hold value
:cop:

Yeah but the wood is new (well, as old as the tree(s) I guess) and the other parts can easily be changed - sometimes for the best - and not for too much money... I still think that if it sounds good and feels good, it's all good for him!

• Members

Glad to hear it. I'm actually kind of excited for you.

Like I said, if you can comfortably afford it and it really spoke to you when you played it, I think you'd kick yourself on down the road for not getting it.

Plus, if you get it and you have it, I have $800 in my paypal acct waiting for you. :lol:

• Members

Glad to hear it. I'm actually kind of excited for you.

Like I said, if you can comfortably afford it and it really spoke to you when you played it, I think you'd kick yourself on down the road for not getting it.

Plus, if you get it and you have it, I have $800 in my paypal acct waiting for you.
:lol:

let me get back to you on that one!

;)

Archived