Make your own picks

scolfax

• Members

Lets see... I go through 2 maybe 3 picks a year, $.25 each... that means my cash outlay for picks is $.75 a year.... Why would I want to spend the time and money?

I go through a few a year. Plus I'd like to try and make some polycarbonate ones with my logo in it to give to my customers.

• Members

Lets see... I go through 2 maybe 3 picks a year, $.25 each... that means my cash outlay for picks is $.75 a year.... Why would I want to spend the time and money?

i go thru dozens of picks a year...and at roughly $6/dozen, this will be a no brainer if it works well

• Members

It doesn't look substantial enough to punch cleanly for anything thicker than a credit card, so it looks to me like you'd be limited to medium gauge at most. A few years ago I bought an industrial hole punch for putting holes in my picks to aid gripping. I found that a regular office-style hole punch deformed the pick and didn't create a clean perforation. Doesn't matter now, because I've settled on Jazz III's and small, rocket-shaped D'Andrea 1.5mm's.

Archived