I am SO bummed about my new Agile . . .

etawful

• Members

That post sticking up a few hairs was nothing, glad you were able to get it sorted out OP, looks like a cool guitar!

-1 for adding GFS pickups to it though.
:freak:

Haven't done any pickup swap yet. GFS is just a possibility. Funds are tight.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've seen worse problems that that on $3,000 Les Pauls.

Sadly, so have I...but the point is I am not disappointed when something like that occurs on a cheapie...I own cheap guitars and all have needed some tweaking...Gibson's lack of QC will either be their downfall or it will be corrected in time to save them...

• Members

I posted pics a few days ago:

3000.jpg

If I take the pickguard off, should I just leave the holes? I thought about it, and couldn't decide if I really wanted to or not.

That's the only other one I've seen where I felt the top was as nice as the one I have. I like the dark variations in yours.

splatted1-vi.jpg

• Members

That's the only other one I've seen where I felt the top was as nice as the one I have. I like the dark variations in yours.

splatted1-vi.jpg

Nice, yours seems to tend toward the pinkish/reddish hue way more than mine. Mine tends more to the dark brown colors.

• Members

Wow - now I've seen two thaqt may just trump mine!!

Spalteds are absolutely the best looking natural tops - PERIOD!!

splatted1-vi.jpg

• Members

I have the same problem as the OP on my 3000. But mine also has a toggle switch that makes a horrible noise when switching and two of the tuners are messed up which makes it quite difficult to keep those strings in tune.

But for $380 dollars what do you expect?

Lesson learned.

• Members

I have the same problem as the OP on my 3000. But mine also has a toggle switch that makes a horrible noise when switching and two of the tuners are messed up which makes it quite difficult to keep those strings in tune.

But for $380 dollars what do you expect?

Lesson learned.

switch - use some contact cleaner.

tuners - ? how are they messed up, explain. if they are actually not working you can return it you know.

• Members

switch - use some contact cleaner.

tuners - ? how are they messed up, explain. if they are actually not working you can return it you know.

If they were Gibson grover tuners you wouldn't have that problem :p

and did i read correctly earlier that a comparison of a top of the line $400 Agile should be compared to a $4000 Gibson for it to be a fair comparison?

:facepalm:

• Members

I was having trouble in my marriage so I emailed Kurt about it.

I also explained that I'd purchased three guitar picks from Rondo six years ago.

Within two days he'd hopped on a plane, met with my wife and I, counselled us, and restored our broken marriage.

Thanks, Kurt, that's what I call good customer service.

I'll definitely think about ordering your guitar cleaning kit in the future.

• Members

If they were Gibson grover tuners you wouldn't have that problem
:p

and did i read correctly earlier that a comparison of a top of the line $400 Agile should be compared to a $4000 Gibson for it to be a fair comparison?

I hadn't heard Gibson had purchased Grover. I thought Grover tuners were still made in Asia?

:idk:

• Members

here we go again..

Gibby seems to have the same number of QC issues..

but if a 4000 dollar gibby has a post a little out then the whole "you get what you paid for" will not apply?

one of the best guitars i have played is this 2k.. very responsive very fun to play.. and cost me all of 200 bucks...

4179142204_158fc433e8.jpg

here is a hack example of the tone..

playing is not great, i still learning about it.. but the tone is money, mho.. but im bias.. 200 bucks.. pretty nice tone..

swamp stomp'N..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8596165

• Members

I hadn't heard Gibson had purchased Grover. I thought Grover tuners were still made in Asia?

:idk:

I was joking. I was just saying how if that Grover tuner was attached to a Gibson, it would be 10x better, but because it is attached to an Agile, it is a POS that must not be working right... :p

• Members

yeah, i get a bit tired of the "you get what you pay for" argument too(no offense jello)... this argument, in my experience, only applies to electronics and automobiles... the fit, finish, playability, and tone on my buddy's dime o' flame-$600, gibby v standard-$1800(with mods), and ltd viper 400-$600 are not a bit better than my cort x-5-$260, first act sfa sheena-$100, and peavey hp signature exp-$350 used, $550 new... in fact, the fit and finish is better on my sheena and my peavey, not to mention that all of my guitars have worked just fine since day one... his gibby came from mf with a broken ground wire, go figure:facepalm:

• Members

Gee what a surprise. This thread is about QA on a Agile and it becomes a bash Gibson thread.

/fail

i don't believe anyone is bashing gibson... if you want to overpay for something because of what the headstock says, by all means, be my guest. i never said that gibsons weren't great guitars, but they are no way in hell $1000's of dollars better that the competition...

Archived