HNGD It's A Good One

Bbreaker

• Members

first off, that guitar is absolutely badass. i watched the videos that you put up of similar ones, and the tones are really cool and unique.

second, i believe woody is trying to carry on the legacy of leapordstar, who as we all should know, can no longer do so. i give him props for keeping his spirits around.

• Members

I generally find your guitars bonerific, but I have to be the lone voice in the wilderness: I'm sure it plays like buttah and sounds like angel orgasms, but I'm just not fond of the faux-alligator-reliced-nickel/brass finish.

However, I still wish you a happy and healthy NGD!

• Members

first off, that guitar is absolutely badass. i watched the videos that you put up of similar ones, and the tones are really cool and unique.

second, i believe woody is trying to carry on the legacy of leapordstar, who as we all should know, can no longer do so. i give him props for keeping his spirits around.

I know...it was Leapordstar's thing and it was cool and original, but for someone else to pick it up after his passing seems lame. It's cool to remember him, memorialize him but to be a pale imitation of him degrades what he did. Just my opinion I suppose, and I kept it to myself for awhile now, but when JJ chimed in, I had to agree with him, for better or worse.

• Members

I know...it was Leapordstar's thing and it was cool and original, but for someone else to pick it up after his passing seems lame. It's cool to remember him, memorialize him but to be a pale imitation of him degrades what he did. Just my opinion I suppose, and I kept it to myself for awhile now, but when JJ chimed in, I had to agree with him, for better or worse.

Maybe too soon, but I think it was with the best of intentions

Personally, the GAS Man has long had his own system.

But usually too lazy to break it out.

But here it is:

fillerup_sinclair_pump.jpgfillerup_sinclair_pump.jpgfillerup_sinclair_pump.jpgfillerup_sinclair_pump.jpg+1/2 fillerup_sinclair_pump.jpg

That's on a five pump max. ;)

• Members

Woody was doing the rating for Leopardstar when he was sick and wasn't able to. For that reason, I think it is fitting that he continues the tradition, unmolested, now that Johnny is gone.

And Double b breaker...great guitar. Don't play it in a lightning storm.

Surfy

• Members

'59.
:cool:

That's my kinda neck. :thu:

Makes me wish I had the $4,000+ for one of those things. I played a couple Steelcasters at the 12th Fret but they all had the 7.5" radius and vintage frets . . . not my thing.

In the case candy, James Trussart included 2 toggle switch tips.

One was shiney metal & the other was antique nickel.

Not a big deal but cool.

That's my kinda luthier. It's amazing how far you can go when you remember the little things. Norcal_Gtr's good for that as well. :thu:

Happy New Guitar Day, Bbreaker. You should play a cocktail gig with it, just for us. ;)

• Members

prolly around 9lbs or so. depends on if it has the holey back, which cuts the weight down a lil bit.

It's like a heavy Les Paul.

The back of it isn't holey it's a solid sheet of antiqued nickel.

The body is hollow.

It's not a resonator.........there isn't a diaphram.

• Members

That's my kinda neck.
:thu:

Makes me wish I had the $4,000+ for one of those things. I played a couple Steelcasters at the 12th Fret but they all had the 7.5" radius and vintage frets . . . not my thing.

That's my kinda luthier. It's amazing how far you can go when you remember the little things. Norcal_Gtr's good for that as well.
:thu:

Happy New Guitar Day, Bbreaker. You should play a cocktail gig with it, just for us.
;)

I was fortunate enough to find my Trussart at the Nashville GC.

They had a price drop to less than $2300.00. I was able to get 12 month no interest financing. Shipping was $18.00 from Nashville, Tn. to Howell, NJ.

I had to pay 9.25% sales tax because there's a GC in NJ.

To my understanding my Trussart and the other 4 at the Nashville, TN GC were bought at the NAMM show. They're priced as used but, at least mine, comes with a factory warranty. I assume the others have a factory warranty too but have used prices.

BTW......Natick, Mass. GC has a SteelDeVille with a price drop.........

• Members

Terrific guitar Bb!

Enjoy it and congradulations on getting such a great deal to boot!

Thanks.

Heads up on James Trussart guitars at GC........there's a cool shiney gator JT at the Rockville, Md store. Natick, Mass has a price drop on their bushed nickel gator Trussart.

• Members

I was fortunate enough to find my Trussart at the Nashville GC.

They had a price drop to less than $2300.00. I was able to get 12 month no interest financing. Shipping was $18.00 from Nashville, Tn. to Howell, NJ.

I had to pay 9.25% sales tax because there's a GC in NJ.

To my understanding my Trussart and the other 4 at the Nashville, TN GC were bought at the NAMM show. They're priced as used but, at least mine, comes with a factory warranty. I assume the others have a factory warranty too but have used prices.

Sweet deal. And you pay your taxes, too.

BTW......Natick, Mass. GC has a SteelDeVille with a price drop.........

EVIL, EVIL!!!!! :mad:;)

Archived