NGD - Peavey T-15

Woody_in_MN

• Members

OK. I don't post everything I buy, but this one has a good story behind it. About 2 weeks ago, I stopped into a local Music Go Round (Used Gear shop). I was looking to sell my Melody Maker, but while I was there I saw they had a Peavey T-15. This model had appealed to me, but I had never played one. I sat and played if for a few minutes unplugged, and really liked it. But I hesitated on buying it. A couple days later I called back to see if they still had it. They said they had just sold it earlier that day. For giggles I posted a WTB ad in CL for a Peavey T-15. A guy replied, and he had bought the one I had looked at. It turns out he was an acquaintance, and he sold me the Peavey for what he had in it. Nice guy.

I LOVE this Peavey. It is so me. The single rail PUP's are great. The fretboard has a small chip out of it at the first fret- but it does not effect playability. It is 3/4 size, but it plays great for me despite my large hands. If anyone knows where I can get parts for these - let me know. Anyway, pics...

T-15_1.JPG

T-15_2.JPG

T-15_3.JPG

- w

• Members

Peavey used the super ferrite pickups in alot of their guitars. They have to be one of the most underated pickups of all time, think of P90's on steriods:thu: Congrats on the NGD woody, how do you like that thin neck?

Thanks. I'm good with the neck. Even though I have large hands, small necks don't bother me. The Duo Sonic is like that too.

Yeah - the PUP's are similar to P90's - but have their own quality. I don't know - they seem to be just the sound I am usually after.

- w

• Members

It was at the Roseville store.

- w

Oh.....I was just there tonight and picked up a Crate Power Block and Cab.

The Roseville store is my favorite loacal music store. Cool guys working there and usually have a good selection.

• Members

I had a T-30 (same guitar, but with three rail pickups in a strat configuration) and will second everything you've said. I sort of wish I still had it: I bought it for my daughter, hoping I could entice her to learn to play, but it didn't work...

P1060763.jpg

• Members

I had a T-30 (same guitar, but with three rail pickups in a strat configuration) and will second everything you've said. I sort of wish I still had it: I bought it for my daughter, hoping I could entice her to learn to play, but it didn't work...

P1060763.jpg

Thanks BSM. The other reply on my CL WTB ad was for a T-30. Unfortunately that middle pickup seems to get in my way - so I passed.

- w

• Members

Strange to hear you guys talking about Roseville, that's where I grew up oh so long ago, just off of Snelling Ave near Northwestern College. Sure wish I'd been able to take advantage of a cool store like that, but at the time I had only candy and arcade games on my mind!

• Members

Nice score Woody.:thu: Brian Henneman of the Bottle Rockets used to swear by those (Peavey T-60 Forum). He actually started out a T-60 player but switched to the T-15 because he liked the pickups better. Been a few years though since I visited that site, so I'm not sure what he gigs now. I do know that he also liked Teles.

Archived