NGD! Agile Harm1 Toast

JohnnyRaincheck

• Members

Finally pulled the trigger on the Agile Harm1 w/Toast pickups after months of internal debate and I'm really glad I did. This review is kinda rambling may not answer many questions, but here it is.

To start with, anyone on the fence about this, go for it. I am very pleasantly suprprised with the quality, sound and feel of the guitar. I went through several other semi-hollows trying to find the right combination of sound, feel of the neck and comfort. I tried an Ibanez Artcore AF75TDG and a Michael Kelly Vibe, both very nice guitars, awesome quality for their price, but they just didn't have that something I was looking for. By the way, the quality of the Agile is right on par with the Ibanez and the MK. In fact, I have two other MK's, a Patriot Limited and Patriot Special and I wouldn't be surprised if they were produced in the same Korean factory as the Agile.

Another point of interest, the color/paint is about 4 million times better than what you see on the Rondo site. I cannot stop staring at it. The pics don't really do it justice.

The Toaster pickups are really hard to decribe and I know others have expressed it better than I can. I can only compare them against other pups I have and use, Burstbuckers in my Les Paul, Fender noiseless singlecoil in my Strat, Soapbars in my MK and Xaviere JT-40, lipsticks in my Dano 63, Rockfields in the other MK and these Toasters sound nothing like any of them. They are very unique, crisp and almost twangy and exactly the alternative to the others I was looking for.

Another point, there is a small problem with the bridge, very minor but annoying, I e-mailed Kurt and immediately got a reply and he's sending me replacement bridge.

I think we are pretty lucky to have guys like Kurt at Rondo and Jay at GFS, offering quality products at prices that are affordable for most of us.

agile1.jpg

agile2.jpg

• Members

... Another point of interest, the color/paint is about 4 million times better than what you see on the Rondo site. I cannot stop staring at it. The pics don't really do it justice.

Others have stated as much after receiving their Rondos. Congrats on the acquisition...

• Members

Good to hear you're enjoying your Harm! There were a few nitpicky things wrong with my white copy, and despite being a hell of a guitar for the dollar, I never really gelled with it. Interesting that your NGD thread pops up on the day I send mine back for a return. :)

• Members

yeah, I love it so far. It's definately on par with guitars I've spent at least 200 to 400 more on. This should hold off Gas for a few days.

By the way, I also bought two Douglas' for my Son, and I'm pleased with them as well. Perfect for my son to learn on and he can bring them to school and friends houses without me worrying.

• Members

That is a very nice looking guitar. I have gassed over those since they first came up with the design. I remember all of the discussions on this board about thier design. Maybe one day I will just nut up and buy one. Until then Happy New Guitar Day!

:love::love::thu:

• Members

lack of fret markers guaranteed I wouldn't get a harm. otherwise I liked them though.

(I'm a dummy who feels better with the markers there, that's just how it is)

and congrats
:)

Trust me, you don't even notice they're not there. It has the dots on the side and I haven't had to give it any thought at all. Next time you're in a music store, see if they have something similar there and try it. You're missing out on a great guitar.

Archived