Incoming NGD. Charvel Blue Flame NAMM guitar

maltomario

• Members

Well mad props out to Matt from mattsmusic.com. He was one of the lucky dealers chosen from the dealer lottery to get dibs on one of the 25 Charvel San Dimas guitars in the blue flame finish. I had contacted him the minute I found out about the new models a few months ago, so I was first in his queue.

I will post more pics when it arrives but wanted to share my excitement with you all - the only people I know who love guitars as much (or more) than I do! =) It is a little bittersweet though, as now I'm considering selling my tangerine so-cal since it is so similar in features and I don't really need both. will have to ponder that a bit longer.

from catalog page:

4192216565_77aa3fb1a8_o.jpg

Here's the only pic I have of the moment (from charvel's facebook page):

4274006209_c00b0b970f_o.jpg

By the way, Matt is a great guy and I cannot praise him or his shop staff enough.

• Members

You going to swap out the Duncans on the blue flame for the Dimarzios on the tangerine?

If it was me I would hold onto both, I figure they could be pretty different sounding with the different pups, that, and one's a solid body vs. w/ pickguard.

That tone zone is pretty sweet.

Another really cool guitar for the collection though!! :thu:

• Members

Yeah the dimarzios are great, and good compliment to the duncans. I may just keep both. :thu:

I wanted to key some of you charvel fans in on a little deal I found. I was gonna buy this for myself and have a custom paint job done on it, but since I have the blue flame one coming in I no longer plan on doing this.

Dexter music has a new San Dimas pro mod in taxicab yellow, with a small ding on it by one of the trem posts (high e side). price reduced to $699 + shipping. This is about as low as I've seen a new one go for.

closeup of the damage:

4274072273_7c8c3dfdee_b.jpg

here's link to the shop:

http://shop.dextermusiccenter.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_139_406_411&products_id=6726

Hoping one of you guys can benefit from this info.

• Members

Wow...I very much like it! Very nice! I really don't mean to thread hijack here, but are the neck profiles on the these new San Dimas models comparable to the original and toothpaste logo Charvels?

GORGEOUS guitar!!

Heres a '88 charvel I fixed up for a client. frets were all rusted, it was rode hard and put away wet after a show and stored for years in a closet.

3376922815_2728a62759_b.jpg

3377750408_c741e5f2ab_b.jpg

neck profile is different than the new charvels. this one was a little thinner shape, like a wide D, as opposed to the new ones slightly thicker C shape w/ rolled edges. Doesnt really answer your question perfectly but at least this guitar had a different neck shape than my so cal.

• Members

Mario, congrats!! The new Charvels are all around beautiful. I'm loving the new woods and pup layouts.

Re: the Taxi Cab for sale. I did the same fuckin' thing to my AXIS. You have to be careful how low you set the Floyd on the flat tops. :facepalm: That is a deal, though. You can't even see the damage unless you really look for it.

I saw Matt's pics earlier today. Jackson's booth looks much better than last year. If I was at NAMM, I'd curl up into a ball and cry over how little money I have and couldn't afford anything there.

• Members

the san dimas style 2's (tele style) were discontinued. they had them selling for $599 some places online back when this first was announced. The SD1's and socals have been selling much better and will not be discontinued

But yeah, a SD2 for $599-699 is a good buy if you can get over the tele shape body, with fender strat headstock and floyd rose trem. most people were turned off by the looks (myself included) even though they sound/play great.

• Members

asked a fender rep to take a pic of the guitar at the charvel booth since apparently there are no photos of it elsewhere on the interwebs.

the blue ones are actually hand painted i think - signed by artist, not just a graphic like the yellow ones.

4279622278_19b04ff89c_b.jpg

Archived