NGD: B.C. Rich Zoltan Bathory content

linthat22

• Members

*flame suit on*

I'll have to post pics later cause wife took the point and click, sorry fellas. BUT! Let me know what angles or parts of the guitar ya'll would like specifically other than the run of the mill shots.

But this is her

647444.jpg

And this post concludes my trilogy in finding a guitar as can be found here and here.

k, enough about me.

Where to begin......Will start with the looks. The quilt top is is purdy to look at, but is ugly as sin. I'm not into quilt tops, so.... :idk: The body has black binding around it with what looks like abalone on top of the edge of the carved top. Real nice, the headstock matches the body also. It's also very well balanced and light weight.

The neck is real nice. It's about as thick as a standard thin Fender neck. Was hoping for a Wizard thin neck, but this is comfy so no complaints. Also the back of the neck has no finish on it (like my ibby) so I'm very happy with the feel. It's also a neck through design, but honestly from playing with bolt ons I can't feel a difference (maybe it's just a feature for some). It also doesn't have any fret markers which I love. Oh yea, and the reverse headstock I :love: it!!! My first and definitely not my last now.

The sound of if acoustically jingles and jangles nicely. It's weird how you can tell how good a guitar will sound unplugged.

Plugged in, this guitar is very articulate. I was surprised by the Rockfield Mafia pickup, because I thought Rockfield were in the same league as GFS (which I've had great experience with btw :thu: ) and they're very nice. I noticed with super high gain the notes come out clear as a bell. One funny thing I noticed is that the pickups are bass heavy, so I turned down the bass on my amp, so no biggy. The harmonics come through all over the neck.

There's also a coil split feature on this model which is nice for sound variety. When I rolled back the volume about half, I was able to get some good Satriani style sounds (think his live sound from the Dreaming #11 ep:

). I couldn't hear much of a difference at high gain levels, but on clean they really get that stratty type sound (ya know, some characteristics).

Now onto the Floyd Rose. It comes with the real deal and not a licensed FR. I am surprised with how well a real FR is. I have a licensed one on one of my other guitars and it's junk, this one is very good. I'm impressed.

Overall, this guitar was worth the research and looking. For those that don't care about the past threads; in a nutshell the wife said I could get any guitar I wanted regardless of price. I'd gladly buy another one, maybe the black one with the ebony neck.

If ya'll want, I can post some sound clips, just tell me what you'd like to hear. Pics coming after 7pm eastern tonight.

• Members

I'm still not much of a fan of reverse pointy headstocks, but the more you post pics, I'm starting to get used to the idea.

:lol:

Most of the $600+ BC Rich guitars I've played have been very impressive. I got a set of Gibson pickups from a guy that was trying to sell a Bich, but it just had the three knobs. I think he was only asking $400 for it, it if had all the knobs and switches that I associate with the Bich, I would have probably paid $600 for that guitar. It was a GREAT playing guitar.

Those Rockfield pickups are VERY decent for high-ish gain players. Among the best I've ever played in guitars in roughly this price range. Nothing cheap about them.

Congrats. Can't wait to see some of your pics.

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

• Members

Congrats. I do like the new models BC Rich is coming out with. Even the lower price models are useing better body wood choices then theyve been having and I like the all black finishes theyre done with too. I like the new mid and upper end as well. Prices are better across the board. I think BC Rich is getting back on their game. Rockfield pups are very good. I have a Rockfield humbucker and jazz bass set on my Traben Bass.

Btw, thats a very nice synth you decided on, congrats on it also.

Got a eagle guitar scheduled for delivery this friday myself.

• Members

Yeah, the Rockfields are very good pickups.

Now get those damn pictures up. I'm kind of excited to see something besides a tele, LP, strat, SG, etc...

un momento, the point and click didn't cut it, so I had the misses take pictures with the good camera :D

• Members

Alright guys here ya go. Hope I was able to get everything ya'll wanted to see.

Wanted ya'll to see the way the neck heel was here.

newguitar01.jpg

Full frontal

newguitar02.jpg

I think the quilt is thin, but that's okay I think it helps ugly-fy this guitar a bit (which I enjoy)

newguitar03.jpg

Shot of the neck

newguitar04.jpg

Shot of the neck trying to get a good shot of the grain

newguitar05.jpg

Shot of where the finish and non-finished wood is for the neck (it's like that towards the top, near the headstock)

newguitar06.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I dig that from both a functional and aesthetic design, but I couldn't deal with that quilt top. I'm more of a flame guy myself; not sure it'd work on that guitar though.

That neck just looks so inviting. I'm going to have to check one of these out somehow; I've been thinking about getting another old 80's Charvel or Jackson, but this looks like it may hit all the sweet spots for me. I'm digging that maple neck a lot. :thu:

Congrats man!

• Members

Yeah, I dig that from both a functional and aesthetic design, but I couldn't deal with that quilt top. I'm more of a flame guy myself; not sure it'd work on that guitar though.

That neck just looks so inviting. I'm going to have to check one of these out somehow; I've been thinking about getting another old 80's Charvel or Jackson, but this looks like it may hit all the sweet spots for me. I'm digging that maple neck a lot.
:thu:

Congrats man!

Thank you sir, if the maple neck doesn't fancy you, the ebony looks sweet as well.

• Members

Thank you sir, if the maple neck doesn't fancy you, the ebony looks sweet as well.

NO, I frickin love the maple neck, but the black one is ebony fretboard which is fine, but I am not that high on for some reason. I love maple necks which is probably a lot of the appeal with this one for me.

Archived