Six years ago,...

boosh

• Members

Six years ago about the same time as this moment a nurse came up to me and told me to go home and get some sleep and get back a.s.a.p. the next morning.

I did what she told me and the next day our son Jon Anthony Skip was born.

I will never forget the feeling I had when that nurse handed him over to me and said : "Heya Daddy,... your son needs his first bath". I will never forget his eyes when he looked at me that first time.

Here's a picture of that moment :

sk01.JPG

About half an hour ago I brought Skipperooni to bed and talked about that moment with him.

We had so much ups and downs already together. People that died and that we miss SO much. SO much fun we had,.... man,..The guy looks so much like me. Same Face,...Same Humor,... It's creepy to have a little clone around the house like that.

Here's the little critter as he is now :

sk02.JPG

Skippy my friend,... when we wake up it's gonna be your 6th birthday and we'll have a blast!!!! All our friends and relatives will be here and you will be spoiled rotten.

Hey SSS Guys,....

Most of you've been my internet forum friends since before Skipper was born,... wish you all could be here tomorrow to share a drink with us and celebrate!!!!

Booshy

• Members

Being a Dad is definitely the best gig in the world.
:thu:

And the hardest one ,..with the toughest audience,...

This one has been telling me each day for the last month :

" I don't know what I have ever done to you to be mad at me my whole life but,....if you intend to correct me with everything I do ,..all of the time ,..I think it's time for you to move out and time for me to find another daddy,.......This doesn't work and we both know it ,...so maybe it's better to end it right now,....."

Yeah and that were exactly his words,....the Critter is 5 years old hahahahaha. I love him :thu:

• Members

I put my dad through a lot as a teen. When I got older and wiser I asked for his forgiveness and I asked him how I could ever make up for being such a handfull. He just smiled at me and said; "Just have kids of your own, that will be all the payback I need."

I didn't know what he meant then. But once I became a dad myself his smile, and his words rang true.

• Members

Yup,...

When I meet someone and He ticked me off or I don't like him or it's a smartmouth or whatever I always say when leaving :

"Glad to meet you,.. be good,...I wish you and your wife lhave ots of children,..."

They always look puzzled at first but then see it as a compliment,...

Which it clearly isn't,...

hahaha assholes,...

• Members

Congrats...to both of you..... if you think it is bad now, just wait.

Thanks :thu:,.... man I'm so afraid,...if he turns out to be half as much trouble as I was at the age of 16 it will still give me a heartattack.

• Members
Thanks
:thu:
,.... man I'm so afraid,...if he turns out to be half as much trouble as I was at the age of 16 it will still give me a heartattack.

Don't be afraid. Just be present. Every age has it challenges, but if you are truly present for your children, and meet them just where they are (not just where you are) it is a blast. And it will fly by like a dream. Enjoy it, as it is one of lifes purest blessings.

• Members

Taylor; I have no idea what this video has to do with parenthood. FYI; The New World Order was brought to you by Reagan, and furthered by his VP; the first Bush President. The Bank Bailout was brought to you GWB and was created before Obama was even elected. This video would be funny propaganda if not for the fact that many who do not know their history actually think that Obama did this to them....:lol:

• Members

Oh man,........ did we have a cool day!!!

This morning Skipper woke up and while he was sitting on our bed we gave him his birthday presents.

After that Skippy and me went to the kitchen and made a huge pan of home-made soup for all our friends and relatives,...So awesome to cook with my little friend! I'm a chef and I teach him everything I know.

At noon I went to my gran's house who's 88. I picked her up and she sat down on the couch next to Skipper and they are best friends,...So frikkin'cool! There's 82 years between them but they talk to eachother like they've know eachother their whole lives,.. They do ofcourse but this is different,.. They talk like friends,.. like adults ,..like they've been together for a thousand years already.

45 guests showed up today and we had a meal together and snacks and drinks,...

The guys from the motorclub were there but also my sis who works at the courthouse and knows a lot of those guys with things related to work hahaha.,...

Colleagues,friends,relatives,family,.......

Even got smss by phone from 2 ex-girlfriends to congratualate Skippy,Rizzo and me...They always do that,... I always knew they were cool girls,.. we didn't fit but I know why I fell for them way back,..and they know it too,..they still send a message when my kid has his birthdayparty,...

Our house is floating tonight,..... all the love,.......AWESOME!

• Members

Hey Boosh,

Sounds like a great time. My youngest son will be five on March 4th, the older one will be seven on July 27th. I remember coming to these forums looking for name ideas for my oldest.

It's really amazing how time flies, and watching them grow up, teaching them about the world and doing things with them is really one of the best things a human being can experience.

May your days be filled with health and happiness.

Take care,

Jason

• Members

Hey Boosh,

Sounds like a great time. My youngest son will be five on March 4th, the older one will be seven on July 27th. I remember coming to these forums looking for name ideas for my oldest.

It's really amazing how time flies, and watching them grow up, teaching them about the world and doing things with them is really one of the best things a human being can experience.

May your days be filled with health and happiness.

Take care,

Jason

Likewise Jay!!! I remember when your youngest was born man.

• Members
If this one had a manual I'd have to have a truck to move it.

The good news is that just like with the internet you don't need the entire manual at one time; just a page at a time. Open your heart in that moment of need and you will download exactly the page you need.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Booshie,

Sounds like youve got a great family and support network. That is priceless.

The balance betwen parenting and over-parenting is really hard to find.

It changes over time. It depends on the kid and on the environment.

All we can do is give it our best. I'ts clear that you are doing that.

Happy Bday Skipper. Be aware that you have a great dad.

Archived