gossip and shopping, that's what you're good for

jjpistols

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

jj.

we're trying to decide which cover to FEATURE and which to stick away somewhere else.

our options are the 70's hit "nobody" by sylvia or the iggy pop/kate pierson collab "candy."

not sure the singers can nail "candy." hence the concern. our arrangement of "nobody" is quite far from the original (and pretty damn cool) whereas our arrangement of "candy" is pretty close to the original (but still damn cool).

they're both similar, however.

and the bass player hates "nobody" for some reason.

what say you?

(this was a heated argument at the band meeting re: recording last night. i'm indifferent cuz i can play my parts for both of 'em in my {censored}in sleep.)

I actually really love that song Candy, although I've caught a lot of {censored} for admitting it

I think you should do Nobody by Tom Waits

if you've got a good new arrangement of a song, that would probably be more interesting...

• Members

precisely the argument the guitar player made. i tended to agree. iggy and kate are a tough act to follow.

it's boys against girls in this band, ffs.

as much as i'd like to work a waits song into this gig; i don't see it happening. "union square" or maybe "blind love," both on rain dogs, are the only ones off the top of my head i can think of that would work.

• Members

precisely the argument the guitar player made. i tended to agree. iggy and kate are a tough act to follow.

it's boys against girls in this band, ffs.

as much as i'd like to work a waits song into this gig; i don't see it happening. "union square" or maybe "blind love," both on rain dogs, are the only ones off the top of my head i can think of that would work.

let the girls win

for a couple reasons

first, let the girls win

second, if girls like the band, they come to shows -- then guys come to shows, and buy t-shirts to wear in front of girls, and (meh) CDs to play in front of girls

but really, when it's boys vs. girls, let them win -- it's way quieter

• Members

i don't feel as though i'm "good" enough to try and add to anyone's songs. hell, i can barely play my own {censored}!

btw....still diggin the Roadkill strat! it gets the most playtime of the guitars i have

learn to record and do them in private - the fastest way to find out what you're doing wrong and track your progress is by keeping a record of it

soon enough, you'll have something you're proud enough of to post

hell, I think I posted a 35 second chunk of something as my first sticky jam - it was the only part I could stand - it wasn't bad and people were generally supportive - the rest of the song was horrible but nobody else ever found out

• Members

learn to record and do them in private - the fastest way to find out what you're doing wrong and track your progress is by keeping a record of it

soon enough, you'll have something you're proud enough of to post

hell, I think I posted a 35 second chunk of something as my first sticky jam - it was the only part I could stand - it wasn't bad and people were generally supportive - the rest of the song was horrible but nobody else ever found out

oh i've put a few recordings up. i think i am my own worst critic.

thing is, i just play mainly rythym, which gets monotonous to listen to. never have really been able to do leads. i'd like to have someone throw some lead on a few things i've done.

• Members

oh i've put a few recordings up. i think i am my own worst critic.

thing is, i just play mainly rythym, which gets monotonous to listen to. never have really been able to do leads. i'd like to have someone throw some lead on a few things i've done.

I wish we had more people interested in doing it

post a couple things and bump it if you have to - you can usually get a couple people to throw down something quick if it's got solid timing

• Members

I'z too skeered :(

But aktually, I have been doing a LOT of playing this week - my new Epi LP kicks all kinds of fuk. Been going Epi-->RP500-->SCXD clean channel, and been getting great stuff. Trying to play with the looper, but so far that's been mostly :facepalm:

• Members

I'z too skeered
:(

But aktually, I have been doing a LOT of playing this week - my new Epi LP kicks all kinds of fuk. Been going Epi-->RP500-->SCXD clean channel, and been getting great stuff. Trying to play with the looper, but so far that's been mostly
:facepalm:

I'm kinda fascinated with loopers

Archived