gossip and shopping, that's what you're good for

jjpistols

• Members

only 1 non sticky jam thread on the first page remotely about playing (nice stuff by jkater)

:facepalm:

and only 3 people have tried their take on this in 3 days

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=615074&songID=8854609

here's two of them together

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=615074&songID=8855533

here's another cool take

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8859028

are you a shopping gossip or a guitar player? join in and find out!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how folks can take the time to listen to a teenage EVH run over his scales and chords and offer in depth critique and analysis, but when it comes time to actually make music with other people, they're all filling their shopping baskets at Jay-Mart.

• Members

Yeah - I agree - it's really {censored}. I contributed one of the shopping threads today, but generally I would love to see more comment on songs, more stuff about original compositions. Unfortunately, I have learned that you don't get much response on here, especially if it is something you have composed yourself - capitalism washing the grey matter nicely. In fact, the further away you get from widdly bollox, the less likely you'll get a response.

• Members

been working on anything in particular lately, Willy? I'm spending most of my music time pecking away at a piano, trying to discover enough usable stuff to keep me from actually taking the time to learn it proper

been jamming at an old buddy's house about once a week for a few weeks, too - me on bass and he on wurlitzer organ - I think I'll take my netbook recording rig over there soon

• Members

I spent some time with your BT today. I used it to audition a few patches on my BOSS GT-8. I got something going with my Ric 330 thru a Twin Reverb emulation with some compression, reverb, & a little delay. I'll try to record something this week or next.

• Members

I spent some time with your BT today. I used it to audition a few patches on my BOSS GT-8. I got something going with my Ric 330 thru a Twin Reverb emulation with some compression, reverb, & a little delay. I'll try to record something this week or next.

:love:

• Members

been working on anything in particular lately, Willy? I'm spending most of my music time pecking away at a piano, trying to discover enough usable stuff to keep me from actually taking the time to learn it proper

been jamming at an old buddy's house about once a week for a few weeks, too - me on bass and he on wurlitzer organ - I think I'll take my netbook recording rig over there soon

I've done a recent thing with piano on a track, but I find it difficult to mike up my old joanna - sounds dull and picks up the thumps and clunks. It's a big fat piano sitting in our lounge, which gets played constantly but never recorded well... and I find piano is one of those instruments where you have to have a lot of nerve not to lose your head once you get recording - not much room for error. Well, basically none.

• Members

only 1 non sticky jam thread on the first page remotely about playing (nice stuff by jkater)

:facepalm:

are you a shopping gossip or a guitar player? join in and find out!

HEY!!:mad:

I downloaded your backing and space-driver's.:p

Gimme a bit o'time ,I'm old and sick and things hurt.

:idk:

• Members

jj.

we're trying to decide which cover to FEATURE and which to stick away somewhere else.

our options are the 70's hit "nobody" by sylvia or the iggy pop/kate pierson collab "candy."

not sure the singers can nail "candy." hence the concern. our arrangement of "nobody" is quite far from the original (and pretty damn cool) whereas our arrangement of "candy" is pretty close to the original (but still damn cool).

they're both similar, however.

and the bass player hates "nobody" for some reason.

what say you?

(this was a heated argument at the band meeting re: recording last night. i'm indifferent cuz i can play my parts for both of 'em in my {censored}in sleep.)

Archived