Modeling amps suck

volvo1800

• Members

You just figuring this out?

Modelling is still years away from competing tone/feel-wise with a real tube amplifier.

Try Axe FX or an H&K zenTera.

I've had good tube amps and and the zenTera sounds better. Has all the feel too.

• Members

I love my roland cube 30x. No, it will never give the tones of a tube amp but the modelling is reasonable and so portable. For jamming with my acoustic mates its one simple grab in the car and off I go.

Simple, easy, light, portable, fun and sounds pretty good to me.

• Members

I love my roland cube 30x. No, it will never give the tones of a tube amp but the modelling is reasonable and so portable. For jamming with my acoustic mates its one simple grab in the car and off I go.

Simple, easy, light, portable, fun and sounds pretty good to me.

I don't jam with my mates, music is serious bussiness, thats why my guitar amp is gigantic.

• Members

I think the Digitech RP500 is awesome! The Fender Twin model is sublime. You can even turn off the amp modeling and use it like a pedalboard, and have access to hundreds of different pedals. A modeler through a good tube amp is divine. It's also so nice to just plug into a PA, rather than carting along heavy amp.

• Members

I agree that modelling amps have a little more development to go before they are competitive on a pro level, but eventually they will be good enough that 99% of musicians will never know the difference in sound unless they see the gear.

I absolutely love tube amps, but I use the processors because I like having my effects separate from my amps.

I have an RP1000 and GSP1101, that I use for sweetening studio tracks but live I use my wah and chorus pedal and compressor.

This time out I plan to have my Ovation on a stand and will just walk up behind it to play the clean parts, I like the way it sounds on the album so I will just use the same gear live.

• Members

man, the new Guitar Rig 4 and Amplitube 3 are great.. just very nice emulation..

but i think this is more of a mouse riding cowboy troll kinda thread then a discussion to sway some ROCK gods opinion..

very few rock stars or serious musicians .. troll with lame THIS SUX.. and that sux post on some little music board...

just saying..

i guess there is a panco coming...