ABBA - Anni-Frid Lyngsted

GY

• Members

btw, GY -- I really enjoyed that clip of Frida doing "Just One of Those Things", way back in the first post.
:thu:

Yep... a great band, a great singer, a great performance and the engineer captured it (with a great microphone).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be way cool for England to become the next US state. That way we can get you buggers driving on the correct side of the road and your teeth fixed.

And phone calls and mail would be a little cheaper. Also, I like English people in general. Seems like a good place to go.

Oh, hell, sure, I'm in.

• Members

I can't stand Abba.

Fortunately, my particular tastes don't prevent me from seeing certain things. I disagree that ABBA exceeds the Beatles, but there is no doubt they were great - for all the reasons that have been put forth.

I still can't stand listening to them though. :lol:

• Members

I'll chime in here and say that I love Abba and say they had great tunes and great arrangements.... And they were a fun band... They had songs like Dancing Queen but they also had songs like "Like an Angel"...

However, for the more fun aspects of Abba's music, you should definitely check out Erasure's video of their version of "Take a Chance on Me"... :)

• Members

Damn you. I thought you were serious.
:mad:

I am so disappointed.

well, you are just disappointet about everyone who is incapable to write the kind of pop music that nails the hearts of the world to the wall and makes not everybody smile a smile of pop ecstasy, then get it not placed in movies and TV on a continuing basis, later put him and his family not to a French Ch

• Members

Abba were professional & polished; they were decent singers and musicians and they made (for me) bland, disposable, cheesy pop. The best I could say of their music is that I don't actively dislike it but I could happily live without hearing it again. If I'm going to listen to bland, disposable pop, give me the Monkees over Abba any time!

Archived