Any ideas for an AC/DC song to play at a 14-year old's funeral?

OldMattB

• Members

R.I.P. (Rock In Peace) off of the new Backtracks. I think it was on the Australian release of Dirty Deeds as well. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution would be my second choice (that's my favorite AC/DC song, but this is more appropriate).

[YOUTUBE]d9AXuoRCV6U[/YOUTUBE]

Leave me alone

Like a dog with a bone

Like a stone that's been thrown

Let me be on my own

CHORUS:

Let me rock

Let me roll

Let me rock

Let me rock in peace

Outta my way

Got a boogie to play

Every dog has his day

Rock 'n' roll's here to stay

CHORUS

(Feels good, for my mama, just like I knew it would)

I get my kicks

Outta playin' my licks

Outta layin' my chicks

Down on Route 66

CHORUS

Rock, rock, rock in peace

Outta my way

Got a boogie to play

Every dog has his day

Rock 'n' roll's here to stay

CHORUS

Rock, rock, rock in peace

Like Little Richard

Oh Jerry Lee

Chuck baby

I wanna rock

Let me rock in peace

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The dog is old and has serious neurological problems. She cannot hold urine, and cannot walk more than six feet without falling over. The parents were putting off the inevitable mercy kill of the dog because Josh loved her so much. My wife and I are taking the dog Monday to the vet and crematory, so she can be buried with her master.

oldMattB

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Members

I'd suggest "Bad Boy Boogie."

[YOUTUBE]BObcKrcIfBQ[/YOUTUBE]

It's pretty much the kind of light-hearted "check out what a delightful scoundrel I am" sort of number anybody asking for AC/DC at a funeral would probably enjoy, but nothing about it is particularly offensive.

• Members

You're kidding right?

Some of you guys have some strange ideas of what would be appropriate at a 14 year old's funeral...even if he WAS into it...can you imagine the grandparents listening to some of these songs?

The more I think about it the more for those about to rock is about the only choice.

• Members

i just had a look through my AC/DC collection and there's some really bad song titles for the situation. Ride On is good if you want to make people cry, For Those About To Rock would be a great send off to the kid. What did they play at Bons funeral i wonder?

• Members

You're kidding right?

Some of you guys have some strange ideas of what would be appropriate at a 14 year old's funeral...even if he WAS into it...can you imagine the grandparents listening to some of these songs?

The more I think about it the more for those about to rock is about the only choice.

this

it's all well and good to put on the rock'n'roll bravado.... but this dude's family will be grieving... they need to be respected

op... sorry for your loss

• Members

can you imagine the grandparents listening to some of these songs?

Brian Johnson's grandchildren are older than 14. :poke:

AC/DC have been around since 1973. That's almost 40 years. It's fairly likely that the kids grandparents would have heard them on the radio - if not been to a concert.

That said : ask the parents what the kid's favorite song was (check iTunes, if he had it). Play that, whatever it was. Intro it with: he loved this band, this was his favorite song. Don't edit it, don't clean it up or change the lyrics. If he was an AC/DC fan, he probably wouldn't have appreciated that.

• Members

That said : ask the parents what the kid's favorite song was (check iTunes, if he had it). Play that, whatever it was. Intro it with: he loved this band, this was his favorite song. Don't edit it, don't clean it up or change the lyrics. If he was an AC/DC fan, he probably wouldn't have appreciated that.

This.

Remember that funerals are for the living, not the dearly departed. The lyrics to the song don't matter, the purpose is to stir up memories from hearing a song the 14-year old loved and listened to. Maybe mention that by playing the song now it is one more time we can all listen to the kids favorite song with him in the room with us...

• Members

This.

Remember that funerals are for the living
, not the dearly departed. The lyrics to the song don't matter, the purpose is to stir up memories from hearing a song the 14-year old loved and listened to. Maybe mention that by playing the song now it is one more time we can all listen to the kids favorite song with him in the room with us...

Your first sentence is bang on....it is most certainly for the living. The dead are dead. But saying lyrics don't matter? Well I'd have to disagree....Do you really think this is appropriate for a funeral even if the kid wanted it?

She blowing me crazy

'til my ammunition is dry

She's using her head again

She's using her head

She's using her head again

I'm justa giving the dog a bone

Giving the dog a bone, giving the dog a bone

Giving the dog a bone, giving the dog a bone

Or how bout the Jack? A song about Gonorrhea? Or Big Balls?

Sorry but I don't think so. I seriously doubt a funeral for a 14 year old is going to be a small affair of only immediate family....why would people want to make others uncomfortable by playing something with lyrics like that?

• Members

It's not a bad song...unless the crowd are fundamentalists or something. Unless the whole crowd "understands" what the meaning of that song is to an ACDC fan and not a literal reading of the title then it might be OK.

And besides, this is AC/DC, they're not the kind of band that made songs that would've sounded good in tragic situations such as these.

Me, I'd want "In My Life" by The Beatles played in my funeral, but that's because it's a song that means a lot to me. That the music and lyrics are appropriate is more of a coincidence, but it would work.

• Members

Me, I'd want "In My Life" by The Beatles played in my funeral, but that's because it's a song that means a lot to me.

Already told my wife that the Johnny cash version should be played at mine.

As to the OP - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Mojo sent to your family, and his.

I don't think anyone's mentioned 'Can't Stop Rock n' roll'

that might be a good one

• Members

Has Anybody mentioned Let There Be Rock, Yet?

I Still believe For Those About To Rock would be about the coolest thing to have played at the funeral of a big AC/DC fan.

Complete with 21 gun salutes and everything.

would be an awesome tribute.

• Members

And besides, this is AC/DC, they're not the kind of band that made songs that would've sounded good in tragic situations such as these.

LOL..yeah I know! That's why it makes picking a bloody song from them so difficult.

On a more positive note...this thread has made me remember some very underrated ACDC songs I've always loved.

Like this...

[YOUTUBE]xLXNcFnYIJ0[/YOUTUBE]

and this

[YOUTUBE]XvwSaJUtzeU&[/YOUTUBE]

Archived