Any ideas for an AC/DC song to play at a 14-year old's funeral?

OldMattB

• Members

Any ideas for an AC/DC song to play at a 14-year old's funeral?

Serious question from the parents. I can thing of nothing. I even considered if "Let Me Put MY Love into You" could be reinterpreted as a worship song, or "Giving the Dog a Bone" might be recast as about him and his boxer dog that will be buried with him.

I am coming up with nothing.

oldMattB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Question about the dog? Is he already passed or is it being put down to be buried with the boy?

The dog is old and has serious neurological problems. She cannot hold urine, and cannot walk more than six feet without falling over. The parents were putting off the inevitable mercy kill of the dog because Josh loved her so much. My wife and I are taking the dog Monday to the vet and crematory, so she can be buried with her master.

oldMattB

• Members

What's the deal? Was the kid a huge acdc fan? Can you judge whether it should be a somber song or do they want something positive?

Personally just on what you've said....I'd go with Tiltsa by far. Ride on has the ride mood and the lyrics are only a little off.

Giving the dog a bone would be a BAD choice in my opinion. As would any of their sexual songs. If you want something up tempo then Long way to the top would be good. Or maybe back in black, or like seblo said for those about to rock.

[YOUTUBE]wsDpwb3ILxM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Josh was one of our neighbor kids. I generally dislike kids, but he was so damn smart and analytical, he was fun to be around. He regularly came by the house to talk, watch a movie, help Kelly cook, play some guitar, or just sit and hang out.

He went to the Houston rodeo with us two weeks ago - a bittersweet accident. He and his mom had swapped phones, and Kelly thought she was inviting mom and dad.

Josh was diabetic. Overnight he went into a diabetic coma, was given CPR for 30 minutes, but his brain was dead. His organs were donated, and his funeral is Wednesday. His bearers will be football team members, and he will be transported in his father's pick-up truck. He loved rock music in general, and AC/DC in particular. He is the closest to a son I have ever had.

oldMattB

• Members

Well, why not ? If that's the music he loved when he was alive, I think it's the right thing to do. People will understand.

Ummm, because its not appropriate, and I guarantee NO ONE will understand.

AC/DC is fine if that's what he was into. But for God's sake don't play Highway to Hell or Hell's Bells.

Archived