The OFFICIAL good traders list II

ashasha

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

-1 for TWOTIMINGPETE (appropriate name here) I was going to buy his BGBucker and I was just waiting for him to get back to me on the length but told him I would take it if the length wasn't too short. I leave to go to the Living Colour show in New Port Richey and sign on today to find out the jerk sells it so someone else. What kind of scum does this seriously? I have had this happen 5 or 6 times in the last month or so. Does our word mean nothing anymore and is it pure greed for money that dictates anything. I have nothing good to say for people like this.

Last week I drove 30-40 miles to pick up a Olympic weight set from some schmuck on Craiglist that I AGREED to buy the day before via email after I confirmed the condition was good based on the pictures he sent. That SHOULD be a done deal right? I drive down there and call the scum bag 5 minutes before I get to his house as was his instructions only to get a rude, "It's been sold." BS. When I told him we had a freaking agreement I was buying it, he was like, "It's not my problem..." I half wanted to go to his house then and beat the crap out of him, but I am not going to jail for some scum bag and their crooked ways. Yeah two-timing pete, you are living up to your name for sure buddy. Have a nice life and if this is the way you do business, you're going to need it you freaking jerk.

• Members

-1 for TWOTIMINGPETE (appropriate name here) I was going to buy his BGBucker and I was just waiting for him to get back to me on the length but told him I would take it if the length wasn't too short. I leave to go to the Living Colour show in New Port Richey and sign on today to find out the jerk sells it so someone else. What kind of scum does this seriously? I have had this happen 5 or 6 times in the last month or so. Does our word mean nothing anymore and is it pure greed for money that dictates anything. I have nothing good to say for people like this.

Last week I drove 30-40 miles to pick up a Olympic weight set from some schmuck on Craiglist that I AGREED to buy the day before via email after I confirmed the condition was good based on the pictures he sent. That SHOULD be a done deal right? I drive down there and call the scum bag 5 minutes before I get to his house as was his instructions only to get a rude, "It's been sold." BS. When I told him we had a freaking agreement I was buying it, he was like, "It's not my problem..." I half wanted to go to his house then and beat the crap out of him, but I am not going to jail for some scum bag and their crooked ways. Yeah two-timing pete, you are living up to your name for sure buddy. Have a nice life and if this is the way you do business, you're going to need it you freaking jerk.

This is inaccurate and frustrating. I already told him the length of the lead. I already advised him that I can't ship until monday and that he had time to think about it unless someone else swooped in. Well, someone else swooped in. He NEVER committed to buy. I still have the messages and quotes if anyone doesn't believe me. The buyer of the item was also told before he bought that someone else was "considering" the item, but hasn't committed. I'm not trying to give ANYONE a hard time. No sale was ever final or implied to be final with Fusion.

Here's one of my later messages to fusion during the negotation:

it has the spring and the screws that came with it. it also has the full lead (I never shorten leads) which is pretty long. I can't measure it until I disinstall it from the axe it's in.

my car broke so I may not be able to ship until Monday.
so you have time to think about it unless someone else swoops in.

thanks,

Matt

Note "unless someone else swoops in". This sale was never final, and I even told him someone else can still buy it.

If you wish to spend time debating whether you want to buy something, someone else may buy it first. That's reality.

He proceeded to throw a big tantrum and call me names over PM. I never insulted him in any way, and I still haven't.

to fusion, I'm sorry that someone else bought the item before you did. My best advice to you is if you really want something badly, jump on it before someone else does, especially if the seller communicates to you that the item is still up for grabs. Don't go smearing people on the forum over stuff like this. It's not cool. Furthermore, this thread is for transactions. We had NO transaction, so what exactly are you polluting this thread for?

I have dealt with numorous people on this forum and sold dozens of guitars over ebay over the years. I'm always honest with people and have never ripped anyone off. I don't need extra bull{censored} in my life.

• Members

I can understand your disappointment, but it sounds more like a misunderstanding and there wasn't a premeditated effort to scam you out of money or gear and the only thing you are out is missing out on a potential purchase.

If he had promised you that he was holding it for you I'd think that it would put some people off, but just like with buying anything if you wait there is a chance that someone else will buy it. And yeah, that sucks too.

If you had paid and he backed out or outright stole your money than it would be an immediate blacklist and deduction, but that didn't happen either.

Your post is in here for all to see, twotimingpete's side is in here as well and I think that is as far as it should go. I won't be deducting any transaction points from anyone over this and I think that just about everyone else would agree that it isn't warranted.

• Members

Here is the sequence of events at it happened:

I wrote at 4:33pm: "Also how long are the leads. Most likely I'd use it for the neck as I need a hotter bridge pickup.

If you can get springs and screws that fit it, I will most likely buy it provided you can meet the other requirements I mentioned."

a minute earlier at 4:32pm Twotimingpete wrote: "okay, it took me all of 30 seconds to find. I have the box, screws, and springs it came with." (I didn't read this message until I after I wrote my message at 4:33pm) I read his post and waited until 5pm to get an answer whether the leads were long enough for the neck position, and as I stated if those requirements are met I will buy it. Short of saying, "I will take it" I was saying "most likely buy it" as a condition if the leads were long enough I will buy it.

I had to leave at this point for the Living Colour concert in New Port Richey and didn't get home till well after 3am.

At 5:09pm he wrote: "it has the spring and the screws that came with it. it also has the full lead (I never shorten leads) which is pretty long. I can't measure it until I disinstall it from the axe it's in."

my car broke so I may not be able to ship until Monday. so you have time to think about it unless someone else swoops in."

There was nothing for me to think about. I left the idea that I would buy it provided it had the screws and springs (which I found out it did before I left for the show) AND the leads were long enough for the neck (which I didn't read that message until this morning).

If I were the seller in this situation and the same thing happened to me and had another interested party for the pickup, I would tell the second person, "There is person that is planning on buying the pickup but I have to wait to find out if he will take it for sure as he was waiting to hear back from me if the lead was long enough. Once I hear back from him I will let you know. For now you are the backup offer."

Is this too much to ask for people to be considerate like I always am?

Twotimingpete I am sorry for lashing out but I am frustrated when people do this.