Show Me Your Offsets (Jazzmasters,Jags,Mustangs,Jagstangs etc)

Johansolo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Freakin' awesome! Did you get the one they had on clearance with the messed up neck pocket? It didn't look to bad to me.

Yep, $1,350. I feel awesome about that, as I paid $1,500 for my Thin-Skin Hot Rod Tele.

The part that's most noticeable to me looks to be a smudge of maple tint on the pickguard, which can obviously be replaced quite easily. Other than that, there looked to be pretty minimal flaws in the actual pink lacquer. Can totally deal with that.

• Members

thanks for all the replies guys...gas defnitely escalated.

found a local shop that has some jms and jags so gonna try them out on the weekend.

so many hawt ones. wish i had access to junglemasters and the gfs/xaviers but where i am located theyre kinda non existance and ive never ever bought a guitar with being able to hold/play first.

• Members

Yep, $1,350. I feel awesome about that, as I paid $1,500 for my Thin-Skin Hot Rod Tele.

The part that's most noticeable to me looks to be a smudge of maple tint on the pickguard, which can obviously be replaced quite easily. Other than that, there looked to be pretty minimal flaws in the actual pink lacquer. Can totally deal with that.

Agreed. And PLEASE be sure to post a NGD thread when it arrives and you've had time to assess it.

FWIW, I would take a thin skin over an AVRI any day because I like the larger frets and neck radius. I wish I would have held onto my Classic Player Jag and Jazzy. :mad:

• Members

thanks for all the replies guys...gas defnitely escalated.

found a local shop that has some jms and jags so gonna try them out on the weekend.

so many hawt ones. wish i had access to junglemasters and the gfs/xaviers but where i am located theyre kinda non existance and ive never ever bought a guitar with being able to hold/play first.

Yeah, it really helps to try everything out that you can. I played a bunch of Jazzmasters and Jaguars today into a little Bad Cat Mini Cat II, but this '68 gave me that extra shove into "the Jaguar is for me" territory:

hrGTe.jpg

• Members

Agreed. And PLEASE be sure to post a NGD thread when it arrives and you've had time to assess it.

FWIW, I would take a thin skin over an AVRI any day because I like the larger frets and neck radius. I wish I would have held onto my Classic Player Jag and Jazzy.
:mad:

Yeah, I also love how they actually have a chance to age. I had a AVRI '62 Telecaster, which had the same poly undercoat that they still do today. Incredibly lifeless compared to my Tele with Thin Skin.

Every Jaguar and Jazzmaster at Chicago Music Exchange today was 7.25" with vintage frets. You simply cannot bend a note above the 12th fret, even on a new one!

Archived