I HATE THIS KID!!

fuzzylogic220

• Members

It really is. It's actually VERY impressive. And I'm not sure I understand why you're so adamant against it. Maybe if he played a cover out of your genre of choice as well as he played that cover there, maybe you'd be impressed, I dunno. I think your beef is with the style of playing rather than the skill of the kid. The point is, the kid is good, whether you like it or not. Most of the players on this board can't even get close to that, and he's twelve.

+1

It's hugely impressive, his phrasing, speed and accuracy are light years ahead of not only his age range but most people who consider they can play.

It would be more impressive if it was an original comp but he's only 12:poke: There is only so much you can accomplish in 12 years on this planet, especially as you spend the first few learning not to {censored} your pants.

I'm sure the kid'll go on to write his own material in time

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really is. It's actually VERY impressive. And I'm not sure I understand why you're so adamant against it. Maybe if he played a cover out of your genre of choice as well as he played that cover there, maybe you'd be impressed, I dunno. I think your beef is with the style of playing rather than the skill of the kid. The point is, the kid is good, whether you like it or not. Most of the players on this board can't even get close to that, and he's twelve.

Whether or not it is impressive, is totally subjective.

To me, it is not impressive.

If it impresses you, that's fine. No problems with that. Gotta love the kid making people happy.

I love Paul Gilbert's playing; I own just about everything he has released and I've met him on a couple of occasions. Impressive player, love his style, and a real nice guy. I also love shred in general.

Yes, the kid is very good.

I can not play that as well as him.

However, being good at reading tabs and learning a piece of someone else's music by rote does not impress me. No matter the age, sex, religion, or whatever else of the player.

He plays this piece very well and, if he impresses a lot of people that's great.

It still does not impress me in the slightest.

• Members
Don't be a hater....lol...

Absolutely amazing how the word "hate" is used in this context. anybody realise what it means to hate. It's probably the ugliest word in existence and has caused untold misery and tragedy. Choose your adjectives with care please.

By the way...I suppose Eric Clapton should not have done all those classic blues covers...because they're uhmm covers. That's it. That's where it all went wrong for him!!!:facepalm:

• Members
I just find it amusing that when somebody posts a video of a little kid absolutely tearing it up on guitar, the only thing they can say is "well, his playing is good but im not impressed cause he didnt
write
that song"
:facepalm:

Its kinda like saying, "oh, the london symphony orchestra doesnt impress me at all because all they do is covers"....

I was impressed by the technique too, non the less but what I meant is that the OP has no reason to say what he said.

Over all, the kid has some very good technique, but lets take it to perspective.

He's doing a cover, which is far easier than writing a whole song.

I can play Yngwie Malmsteen's Trilogy, Steve Vai's version of Paganini's fifth Caprice and a slightly limping version of Flight Of the Bumblebee, could I write something than even came to a similar level as said songs? Heck no.

People did compliment me though and I thankful.

I just find songwriting far more important and difficult than covers, IMO.

On the other hand...the kid IS 12, at the time I didnt even know what a guitar was, non the less play a Gilbert song, so you gotta give him some serious credit for that.

And what's with the quick assumption I was hating?

• Members
I cant play it either and I am older.

I seriously dont give a {censored}, the kid is just playing a cover.

Call me when he writes something original, then I'll be impressed.

However his technique is highly impressive and very developed.

Now imagine this situation:

Snowcows' 12 yr old son: "Hey fellow guitarist, what do you think of my playing?" *plays eruption perfectly, note for note*
Ferdinandstrat: "I seriously dont give a {censored}, all you did was just play a cover. Call me when you write something original, then I'll be impressed." *grabs guitar off kid and breaks it over knee*
Snowcows' 12 yr old son: :cry::cry:

• Members
Eh, Spike Li, I wouldn't argue with those guys.

I think that when they post things like that it's out of a feeling of inferiority.

But they write stuff, they must be better players.

Maybe thats what I should do! Write some 3 chord stuff. Then I never have to bother learning any of the complex stuff other people have written.

I could be a top guitarist by tomorrow!:cool:

• Members

I am too apathetic to feel inferior, I seriously have no interest in playing like this....cos' I already can.

And people say I am a drama queen.

If it was my son words could not describe the happiness I would have, but he's not my son and he's the millionth 12 YO I've seen that can play a Gilbert tune on guitar, I've seen it before.

Ofcourse my only mistake is being such a spoil sport.

Read the OP.

I have read it and I still dont get your point, if you have one.

• Members
But they write stuff, they must be better players.

Maybe thats what I should do! Write some 3 chord stuff. Then I never have to bother learning any of the complex stuff other people have written.

I could be a top guitarist by tomorrow!
:cool:

I think your sarcasm and cynicism make that obsolete.

You officially have the personality of a top guitarist.

• Members

It's funny how everyone on this forum {censored}s about guitarists all the time, but when it comes to this kid, the only person in this forum who rarely does this gets bashed for no good reason.

Whos bashing you?

I am just trying to work out what you are talking about. Have you got a grown up there who speaks English?

Archived