I HATE THIS KID!!

fuzzylogic220

• Members
:confused:

I just find it amusing that when somebody posts a video of a little kid absolutely tearing it up on guitar, the only thing they can say is "well, his playing is good but im not impressed cause he didnt write that song" :facepalm:

Its kinda like saying, "oh, the london symphony orchestra doesnt impress me at all because all they do is covers"....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I just find it amusing that when somebody posts a video of a little kid absolutely tearing it up on guitar, the only thing they can say is "well, his playing is good but im not impressed cause he didnt
write
that song"
:facepalm:

Its kinda like saying, "oh, the london symphony orchestra doesnt impress me at all because all they do is covers"....

Nah man his talent is overwhelming. Don't get me wrong. But I see a lot of these kids and a good amount never even seem to go further than covers. I don't have anything against the kid or video, just I see it a lot. I want to see his talent being used further. But then again he's only like 9.

• Members
I just find it amusing that when somebody posts a video of a little kid absolutely tearing it up on guitar, the only thing they can say is "well, his playing is good but im not impressed cause he didnt
write
that song"

Well said, sir!

• Members

people get pretty far with covers. if they mix it into their originals. he is better then i will ever be so i give him props. please tell me that you wish you couldnt do that. god... i wish i could!!

• Members
write
that song"

This. It's sad that people act out of their initial feelings of being threatened by extreme talent instead of realizing that they are only upset because they can't handle the fact that a nine year old is better then them.

• Members

He's only 12 years old (he says so on his Youtube channel), he still got plenty of time to write his own material.

He's already better than I'll never be. Yes, he is playing a cover but the technique he's showing is incredible! One has to start walking before running. He's already a sprinter!

I think he has an amazing talent and I hope he never gets discouraged by people telling him that what he does is not enough...

That's what I don't like about people saying: " Well, he's good, BUT..................." Jeez, he's a kid! Pay attention to the message you're sending him! Cheer him up, not down!!

I wish he was my kid! (I don't have children.)

• Members

This. It's sad that people act out of their initial feelings of being threatened by extreme talent instead of realizing that they are only upset because they can't handle the fact that a nine year old is better then them.

Ehh. It's not really the case for me. People don't understand. To be honest, I wouldn't give a {censored} to be able to play like that. I don't need to, and I'll bet I'm better at playing my type of music than he is at playing my type, so that's the only thing that matters to me. He isn't "better" than me because it's a totally different style. I bet I'm better at playing guitar on stage with performance and entertainment than he is, to my crowd.

• Members
Ehh. It's not really the case for me. People don't understand. To be honest, I wouldn't give a {censored} to be able to play like that. I don't need to, and I'll bet I'm better at playing my type of music than he is at playing my type, so that's the only thing that matters to me. He isn't "better" than me because it's a totally different style. I bet I'm better at playing guitar on stage with performance and entertainment than he is, to my crowd.

Thanks for proving my point. :thu:

• Members

people get pretty far with covers.

Yep, there's no denying that. However, the possibility of achieving fame and/or fortune by playing someone else's music does not impress (nor interest) me. Nor does learning by rote.

• Members

Yep, there's no denying that. However, the possibility of achieving fame and/or fortune by playing someone else's music does not impress (nor interest) me. Nor does learning by rote.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that just because he's playing a cover in the only video you've seen him in, doesn't mean that he has no sense of songwriting or any original songs. Maybe he lacks confidence in his original songs because people like you have their noses too far up in the air to smell what he's cooking.

• Members
You seem to be overlooking the fact that just because he's playing a cover in the only video you've seen him in, doesn't mean that he has no sense of songwriting or any original songs. Maybe he lacks confidence in his original songs because people like you have their noses too far up in the air to smell what he's cooking.

Sure, he may have wonderful songwriting skills. I've never said that he doesn't. What I'm saying is that this particular video (because that is the one being discussed in this thread) does not impress me at all. Settle down sunshine ;)

• Members
Yeah look at it this way, Paul Gilbert didnt write that song when he was 12. He was probably trying to figure out hot to play Eruption note for note. Seriously quit hatin, the kid is good.
:thu:

And he probably didn't learn guitar by playing his own original music. People play covers to learn. We all did.

• Members

Who was writing great originals at the age of 12? I sure wasn't. Mostly I was trying to copy was popular at the moment. I was coming up with riffs, but I think I would have rather died than post them up for the world to hear at that time.

This kid has amazing chops that are better than most of us on here. But the main thing is that he has a lot of years to develop his style, which may or may not change drastically as he grows and matures. I think the "I'm not impressed" comments are really uncalled for and show a tinge of jealousy whether you admit it or not. When I was 12, I would have been playing covers of Ozzy, Ratt, or Def Leppard tunes. I would have been pretty devestated if I had played for a much older guitarist only to have him say something so negative.

• Members
Yes, but it is NOT impressive.

Man, I would hate to be your kid...

12 yr old son: "Hey dad! Look what I can do!" *plays eruption perfectly, note for note* :rawk:
Snowcow: "Pfft, a cover!? NOT impressed son, quit wasting my time with your crap" *grabs guitar off kid and breaks it over knee* :mad:
12 yr old son: :cry:

:cop:

• Members
Man, I would hate to be your kid...

12 yr old son:
"Hey dad! Look what I can do!" *plays eruption perfectly, note for note*
:rawk:
Snowcow:
"Pfft, a cover!? NOT impressed son, quit wasting my time with your crap" *grabs guitar off kid and break it over knee*
:mad:
12 yr old son:
:cry:

:cop:

Yep, but he'll only play a cover once :thu:

• Members

Yes, but it is NOT impressive.

It really is. It's actually VERY impressive. And I'm not sure I understand why you're so adamant against it. Maybe if he played a cover out of your genre of choice as well as he played that cover there, maybe you'd be impressed, I dunno. I think your beef is with the style of playing rather than the skill of the kid. The point is, the kid is good, whether you like it or not. Most of the players on this board can't even get close to that, and he's twelve.

Archived