I was wondering about the new 50's Gibby Studio

Into Nation

• Members

It looks like a great guitar at a great price, but no distribution in the US through biggies like GC or Sam Ash but instead Amazon? :confused:

Also more local smaller vendors most which I've never heard of have or can order them. Is this some sort of sea change with Gibson? What seems a more reasonable price distributed differently?

It does look sweet, but I think I'd have to front Amazon full fare and wait a few months to get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute/dp/B003KVKQZU/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1274387132&sr=1-18

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea it's weird. Nothing on Gibson website about it. Small run, unconfirmed. Put your money up and wait for delivery.

Like a Bentley or something.

The cynic in me knows that Gibson is having financial troubles and if they fill the supposed 120 x 5 finishes x $850, they get a cool half mil.

I think Sean in the UK only had to put 10% down, but I'm not sure with Amazon.

• Members

Yea it's weird. Nothing on Gibson website about it. Small run, unconfirmed. Put your money up and wait for delivery.

Like a Bentley or something.

The cynic in me knows that Gibson is having financial troubles and if they fill the supposed 120 x 5 finishes x $850, they get a cool half mil.

I think Sean in the UK only had to put 10% down, but I'm not sure with Amazon.

You will not be charged until it is shipped. I ordered one from Amazon today.

• Members

You will not be charged until it is shipped. I ordered one from Amazon today.

Which one did you order? My wife ordered the gold top for me today. Arrival date is between July 16 and August 12th. It almost seems like everyone wants a Gold top. That's why I ask.

And as far as why they are not on Gibson's website. I don't think they have been officially released yet. I have read that the official release date is June 15th.

• Members

Which one did you order? My wife ordered the gold top for me today. Arrival date is between July 16 and August 12th. It almost seems like everyone wants a Gold top. That's why I ask.

And as far as why they are not on Gibson's website. I don't think they have been officially released yet. I have read that the official release date is June 15th.

I ordered a gold top also. My order says:

"Delivery estimate: July 9, 2010 - August 12, 2010"

• Members

Gibson is all screwed up with the flood as well. Their site is not getting updated at full throttle at the moment.

• Members

I ordered a gold top also. My order says:

"Delivery estimate: July 9, 2010 - August 12, 2010"

Nice! There are a few guys over on MLP that have already got theirs. Picked them up from local mom and pop stores. I hope I ordered soon enough to get one of the 120.

Now I just need to get an amp good for P90's. No experience with them. But I cannot imagine that they will sound good through a Dual Rec.

• Members

I wanted a Goldtop bad, but my local store already sold out of them. Then I saw the Honeyburst and fell in love.(Tried it out on a Mark V for what its worth, and while it is not the same as the dual rec a previous poster had mentioned, it sounded awesome).Pickups sound excellent, wood grain on the maple cap was very sexy, and Orange drop caps too. So I put down a deposit and will be bringing her home next week. These guitars are the best thing on the market in that price range.

• Members

"Pikesoldier" on the Gear page called Gibson today and was told they are making 120 a month in each color for 6 months. 3600 total.

Amazon now shows the goldtop and honeyburst "currently unavailable"...

Amazon.com: Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Gold Top: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Honey Burst: Musical Instruments

But, they show the ebony and white still available...

Amazon.com: Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Satin Ebony:

• Members

"Pikesoldier" on the Gear page called Gibson today and was told they are making 120 a month in each color for 6 months. 3600 total.

• Members

Archived