NGD: Gibson Les Paul Studio P90 WB

Glenn F

• Members

This is an absolutely killer guitar. On a clean channel, the sound is smooth, clear, with lots of sustain. Add a bit of overdrive, and this guitar purrs, growls and bites, depending on attack and p'up setting. It has good access up to about the 17th fret, and is precisely what I hoped it would be. I was concerned about the notorious Gibson QC, and whether or not the neck would be like my SG Junior, which, although I adapt to it well enough, I find a bit chunky. The neck on this is not as chunky, and quite comfortable, really. I never wanted a LP until I saw the P90 models!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Fusion1, Fuzztone, bought at Musicstore.de

Cheers and more beers!

Glenn

• Members

That's cool! Where did you get that? I thinks those were(are) are only sold in Europe and Asia but I have seen on or 2 on ebay.

One was probably mine...I received a worn cherry version by mistake from the M123 25% off fiasco last year. I had ordered a regular worn and was shocked to see the P90 version - they are only sold in Europe and Japan, IIRC, and maybe the MF/GCI conglomerate is an American supplier to Europe :idk:. I ended up flipping it for a slight profit on EBay, and the guy who bought it from me sold it just recently (last month or so). The worn cherry/black P90 and knobs combo was cool...shoulda kept it, but I got my new blemmed LP Faded Mapletop and am pleased as all get out.

OP, congrats! :thu:

• Members

P-90's completely rock, don't they? And on that nice resonant body, they must sound nasty.

Yeah, they do. Completely! 4 of my electrics now are P90 gits. I recently found a store here in Germany that is selling Hamer gits, and I really have to restrain myself from grabbing one! :facepalm:

Lawnchair, it isn't a 50's Tribute; As has been said, these are, AFAIK, only available in Europe or Asia. I do know that, once existing stocks are sold out, these will be about as scarce as the 50's Tribute. Another reason why the fretboard misrepresentation is irrelevant to me.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Wondering why the WC model (which is currently out of stock) is cheaper.

Yeah, me too. I probably would've preferred that colour, but both Thomann and Musicstore.de were sold out. Thomann told me the eariiest they'd have them would be October/November. Translation: "We don't know." The other WC's pickguard is truly fugly, otherwise I probably would've bought that one. As for the 50's Tribute models, I was told by Thomann that they had no idea when or if they'd get any.

I really can't say enough about the quality of the setup out of the box of this guitar. I suppose that if I lower the bridge, I'll get some buzzing, and maybe my friend the Meistergitarrebauer could set it up lower, but it truly is fine as is.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Music Store told me that they have ordered a few more WCs but that they'd have no idea when those will come in.

I'm a little skeptic after having received a lemon BFG Gary Moore. I'm hoping that the buzz I am experiencing can be cured, waiting for the luthier to return from his vacation. Ordering from another EU country is a gamble.

Archived