After saving for a while, I'm finally ready...

Jkater

• Members

That is a fine looking axe!

I have just begun saving for a jazzer, so I will be putting this on my possible jazz box list.

This has been in the making for a very long time. A good jazzbox, probably used so I can get a better one for my given budget. This will put an end to my purchases for this year which has seen me buy more things than usual...

I am drooling over the H

• Members

This is likely to be the color. The more i think about it, the more i feel that the sunburst goes better with those cat's eyes soundholes. they look more weird on the natural finish. What do you think?

226263-306x311.jpg

• Members

This is likely to be the color. The more i think about it, the more i feel that the sunburst goes better with those cat's eyes soundholes. they look more weird on the natural finish. What do you think?

226263-306x311.jpg

I think the burst finish looks better overall. And I kinda dig the catseye soundholes. But then I think the Gretsch Synchromatic is beautiful.

• Members

I think the burst finish looks better overall. And I kinda dig the catseye soundholes. But then I think the Gretsch Synchromatic is beautiful.

Yes, I'm starting to really dig the sunburst version of it. Well, I'm getting it so I better dig it. I wanted a natural finish at first but something has shifted in my taste for this. this is a good deal I'm getting (depending on condition). At the new price, it would have been out of my budget by a lot but I'm getting it for a good price.

Here's a sunburst from another site (not mine but must be almost identical):

arch45a.jpg

arch45b.jpg

arch45d.jpg

arch45c.jpg

• Members

Is it a solid top?

Yes, solid spruce, carved and, according to site, tap tuned like they'd do for a violin. It's more than just shaped, glued and put together. The top, at least, is truly done with the luthier's art. The rest of the guitar is probably more like normal manufacturing process albeit a good one.

• Members

This has been in the making for a very long time. A good jazzbox, probably used so I can get a better one for my given budget. This will put an end to my purchases for this year which has seen me buy more things than usual...

I am drooling over the H

• Members

226263-306x311.jpg

I didn't care for them on the natural either but they really do look classy on the SB. I would go for that guitar for sure. I hope it lives up to or surpasses all of your expectations.:thu:

• Members

Good choice Jkater! That is one lovely instrument. You are gonna make her sing.
:)

Thanks! The playability is really good and upper fret access is unreal for a jazzbox. The neck is said to be asymetrical (thinner on the treble side). it's not very obvious by feeling it but in any case, the profile is not too thick, almost the same as my SA2200. The real cool thing is the tapered body, 4" thick at the lower boot and gradually thinner, 2.5 " at the heel area. It looks rather weird but it works! Very confortable. It is a very light guitar. I'll weigh it for the upcoming review. My guess: 5 or 6 pounds. It has the feel and look of a hand made guitar.

Archived